Google Sync

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by n99hockey, Feb 9, 2009.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Google Sync

check it out for you google users (contacts, calendar) 'exchange like' syncing
    WMExperts.com
  2. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

I have tried repeatedly on my Q9C running WM 6.1 and it refuses to connect via ActiveSync. I have followed google's tutorial to the letter every time.

Hope someone else has better luck than me. I'm kinda disappointed.
  3. dmm5157

dmm5157 New Member

Hmmm, either the website is not loading a link to download, or I'm retarded.

I can't see anything that allows me to download the application. Maybe my work computer is blocking something.

This is the link I'm at. Am I in the wrong place or something?

http://www.google.com/mobile/winmo/sync.html
  4. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

From what I understand, you don't download anything. Google basically syncs through Microsoft's activesync service. You need to create an Exchange sync connection via your ActiveSync icon in your phone...

here's the tutorial Google gives, but I think they did it on an earlier version of Windows Mobile because my menus are a little different.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138636&topic=14299

like I said, I have had no luck getting this to sync at all. Maybe you'll have better luck.
  5. dmm5157

dmm5157 New Member

Thanks for the help! I knew I was missing something!
  6. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

No point in me using this. When they have email synch, then I'll be interested
  7. mobilerobot

mobilerobot New Member

yeah i tried the set up the it says no domain in the field marked domain but you cant advanced without it:angry:
  8. i4get75

i4get75 New Member

If you put your full email address (i.e. user@gmail.com) in the Username blank, the "Domain" gets grayed out and you can move forward.

Problem I had was that I had a lot of appointments that filed the sync and when i cleared those out it gave me a 0x80004005 error.
  9. mudvane

mudvane New Member

So I am trying to change my Server settings, switching from nuevasync.com to use Google sync. The issue is I am unable to change the User name and Domain settings on the User Information page. It will only allow me to change the password. Any ideas why those fields are not editable?

Update: OK got it I first had to delete the server and then add a new server source.
  10. andy71600

andy71600 New Member

I followed the instructions to the t on the google site, and everything is working perfectly
  11. bananapants

bananapants New Member

Is there a way to Sync more than one calendar? For example, I have my personal calendar, but I also have school and work calendars and I'd like the school calendar on there, but right now it just syncs my main personal one.
  12. pr0lab

pr0lab New Member

The New service provided by google when you can sync your calendar and contacts with your gmail account called google sync doesn't work on my Moto Q. I am following the instructions but it keep on saying that the password is wrong and I have tried 3 different accounts and the message is still the same "please enter password". what shell I do?
    Did anybody tried the new service ?
    Should I enable something in my phone that I don't know off?
    http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299

Please Help !!!!
  13. johnasp

johnasp New Member

I found that if I put an underscore in the Domain name it would allow the next button to work and now google exchange works...this is better then sliced bread...
  14. pr0lab

pr0lab New Member

I got a solution for my problem !
    is should be "youremail@gmail.com" and not "youremail@googlemail.com" as it says in the video guide.
  15. dowop

dowop New Member

I think this is a great step forward, but if Google actually licensed ActiveSync then they need to add the email component as well. Since your device can only have one OTA activesync server this is only a partial solution.
  16. cjpederson

cjpederson New Member

I thought this was great news when I first heard, but turns out I can't use it. I already have an OTA ActiveSync account set up for my work email (no calendars, tasks, etc, just email). I'd like to use Google Sync for my calendar, but it seems as though I'm stuck with Goosync for now...

Unless there's something I'm missing??
  17. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

FWIW, I use google sync to sync with Outlook, One way - from my Outlook Calendar to Google calendar. And of course my Q9c syncs with my Outlook calendar. This keeps it as clean as possible and works well for what I use it for.
  18. Neill

Neill New Member

Are appointments synched from the primary Google calendar labelled with the calendar name inside Outlook?
  19. cheri

cheri Active Member

Just for the sake of saying so...google sync is working on my Q1 (wm 5 of course) after reporting directly to Google after waiting for some assistance through the forums which didnt happen. (I had issues with the password as well)

I configured server settings as myemailaddress@gmail.com (though the instructions clearly show @googlemail.com on the web page. I really do not remember what the video said.

If google sync hasnt been working for your Q delete the exchange server, becareful not to delete your pc active sync lol. Then re-follow the steps provided at http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138636&topic=14299 using your gmail account info.

Dont forget to back up your data...but you know that already.
  20. bothersomeaunt

bothersomeaunt Member

wooo hoooo
    thanks!!!

I was getting so frustrated with yahoo calendar being one day off. I guess I am gonna have to bite the bullet and make the switch to gmail. I have tried so hard to be loyal to yahoo. They have always been so much better than hotmail. Everyone has been telling me that gmail will impress me if I would just give it a chance. This sync working for my calendar AND contacts has convinced me to give gmail a serious study.