Google Maps for Windows Mobile Hits 4.1 with Voice Search

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by kareljack, Apr 21, 2010.

1. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Google Maps for Windows Mobile Hits 4.1 with Voice Search

New update is out there... this information is courtesy of Pocketnow.com

[​IMG]

Google Maps for Windows Phone has been updated to version 4.1 and introduces Voice Search capabilities. To search by voice, simply press the call hardware button, which will pull up a search prompt, then say the name of the business. It can detect different variations of English (American, British, Indian, Australian, & New Zealand English) and also Mandarin. Visit m.google.com/maps from your mobile web browser to download.

http://pocketnow.com/software-1/google-maps-for-windows-mobile-hits-41-with-voice-search
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thanks
    just updated!
  3. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

Cool I love that google continues to update google maps for winmo. If only MS continued to pump out useful Bing updates... I actually hear there was an update available recently but I can't get it on my verizon phone for some reason and I don't think there were any real new features just bug corrections.
  4. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

With the addition of voice search to Gmaps, there is no reason for me to use Bing Mobile.
  5. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

The sole reason Bing is on my phone is for the easy to use movie times finder which I maybe use once a month. It's a shame that ms neglects bing for winmo so much. It used to be an app that I not only used on a daily basis but I would actually show it off to people because it was so useful.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i use Bing for navigation simply because it shows me when my turn is and the distance to said turn as well as redirect, where google maps does not
    if gmap added that in WM then yes no use for Bing
  7. manbat

manbat Active Member

It's working well on all my phones!!!