Google Map via MAP for PDA

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Techdeckguy, Jul 31, 2006.

1. ChinnoDog

ChinnoDog New Member

So you were more anxious than me. :) Your settings work. BT unit is awesome. Any idea if the charger that comes with it can safely be used for the Q? I assume it uses the same voltage since it is mini USB, but I don't know what current the Q will draw.
  2. ChinnoDog

ChinnoDog New Member

Is it just me or does Map4PDA not have a menu option to locate yourself using your GPS??? Its nice that it supports GPS and all, but where am I on this map?! I noticed it is slower than google maps. It definately has some useful features in addition though.
  3. evil247

evil247 New Member

I'd try out the Windows live mobile beta. By far the best I used today driving around Richmond. There are some features that I like in Map4pda and Googlemaps that aren't in Live but as far as getting directions and using the GPS to tell you were to go I think Live is the best freeware app out there that I have used.
  4. ppenner

ppenner New Member

Why is it that when you go over to QUsers.com, they say you need to have a GPS unit/software in order to run GPS on the Q?

Does the new Verizon Q have some sort of gps already installed in it so that you do not need this other application that's referenced on QUsers.com?

Thanks for you help!
  5. Stealth

Stealth New Member

The Q units have AGPS - I would research it on wikipeida or google it. It basically works on cell phone towers.. from wht I have heard. There are several threads on this here at EQ. and both Sprint and Version are not allowing your to use it for navigation purpose (at least not yet) You will need an external receiver for it to work with the actual sattelites in orbit.