Google Map via MAP for PDA

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Techdeckguy, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Ednasti

Ednasti New Member

I am not able to get this work. I try to download the Netcfv2.wm.arm4i.cab and its telling me that I don't have enough space and I have more than ample space.
  2. andeporter

andeporter New Member

Great Free App

Very good app. Not often you come across something that works this well, and remains free. :)
  3. kimberly123

kimberly123 New Member

I have downloaded both microsoft .net cf 2.0 and map4pda. However, when i click on the map4pda icon on my phone to open it, i get an error saying: "A problem has occurred with map4pda.exe. Please tell microsoft about this problem..." but doesn't go into detail.

Anyone have a solution?
  4. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

If it is a .EXE file you need to run it on your PC with your phone hooked up to Activesync. It will then install on your phone over Activesync.
    If it is a .CAB file then I am not sure why it is not working from the phone.
  5. kimberly123

kimberly123 New Member

My phone says there's an error with map4pda.exe, but the file on my phone is map4pda-1-4.cab, so i don't understand the discrepency.
  6. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

Did you run the .NET cf 2.0 framework first? If not try doing that before you run the map4pda program.
  7. kimberly123

kimberly123 New Member

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I do that? I clicked on what I thought it was and it began reinstalling, which is not what i want.
  8. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

Copy the framework .msi file to your PC and with your phone connected to Activesync run the .msi file.
  9. ChinnoDog

ChinnoDog New Member

Its not working for me either. I installed the CF framework into phone memory and installed the map4pda app onto my SD and it crashes. I tried removing it and installing the app into phone memory and it still crashes. I am installing it onto the Sprint version of the Q. Maybe firmware conflict? Anyone else have this working on the Sprint edition of the Q?
  10. inf3st

inf3st New Member

Doesn't the Mol2 update make this program completely defective?
  11. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

I am also getting white boxes with an X thru them. Google does not seem it wants to zoom to closely. I zoom further away and the boxes go away. Have not tried Yahoo or any others yet.

So what gives?

Trent
  12. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

I think you are right about it not working with MOL2. Pony99CA mentioned this in another thread as well. Good to know thanks.
  13. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

I tried yahoo maps and I am still getting a box with an X thru it if I zoom to closely(satellite viewing). Both google and yahoo work fine when switching to road map.

The satellite viewing for yahoo is at least 5 years ago. My parents house and that area is under contruction still according to yahoo lmao.

Trent
  14. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

So Trent are you running MOL1?
  15. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

I think I am cause I bought my phone in Dec and apparently those phones already have MOL1.

So is that an issue? I tonight did get Google satellite view to zoom in just fine. The only issue there was that it, as with Yahoo, was NOT any time recent...maybe 3 years ago.

Any help here would be appreciated if avail.

Trent
  16. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

No I don't think having MOL1 is an issue. Apparently MOL2 is though. As far as the aerial mapping goes, most major counties in the West at least fly new maps every couple years. So its hit and miss as to how current a particular area is.
  17. bmwbig6

bmwbig6 New Member

So is there no workaround yet for Map4PDA for MOL2 users?
  18. evil247

evil247 New Member

This didn't work on my new black Q same error as others have reported with the MOL2 update
  19. lavonc

lavonc New Member

20. gmardre

gmardre New Member

Should the app and the net2 be installed on the device or can they both be on the SD card, or does it matter.

I got the nice map of San Francisco up but I could not do any more. No controlss, etc

*****Nevermind...I reinstalled the netframe2 on the device. Rebooted. Works perfectly.*******