Google Map via MAP for PDA

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Techdeckguy, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Techdeckguy

Techdeckguy New Member

2. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

Great find!
  3. cbenn126

cbenn126 New Member

Are you telling me that with this free service and my bluetooth gps receiver I basically have my own free navigation system?
  4. Kupe

Kupe New Member

Yes - and the developer (Philippe) has been very responsive to user requests over on QUsers.com. Yesterday he added Google Traffic reports to the program.

The only capabilities you'll miss from a dedicated navigation program are the turn-by-turn navigation in real time and the ability to dynamically re-route.
  5. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

Defiantely A Great Find!!

Thanks!
  6. aaroniba

aaroniba New Member

"This application (Map4PDA.exe requires a newer version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework than the version installed on this device."

Is there something I need to do in order to upgrade my version of .NET?

Thanks!

Aaron
  7. pinchy

pinchy New Member

8. Tao

Tao New Member

I'm a google maps junkie.

I have map-crack on my phone now!
  9. gun138

gun138 New Member

I don't understand why the Q cant receive info from the satilites all the other phones I had do. and there is a menu option for gps location on, so whats the deal? I don't want to carry a GPS receiver around with me.
  10. gun138

gun138 New Member

Sweet Jesus!!

The maps on this thing are great!:thumbup: . I miss my VZ Navigator though:(
  11. Kupe

Kupe New Member

Because the Q doesn't actually have a Global Positioning System Receiver (GPSR), it has an Assisted Global Positioning System (AGPS) which requires an offboard processor and set of radio towers to determine the position of the phone ... like all the other phones you had probably rquired (unless you actually had one of those rare phones with a GPSR in it).

Your real question should be, "Why doesn't Verizon let me access the existing AGPS system to power other locational services like a navigation system?"
  12. theping

theping New Member

13. Pellicle

Pellicle New Member

Warning - Conflict Map4PDA and Copilot

It appears there is a conflict between Copilot and Map4PDA. I have used Copilit succesfully for some time. After installing Map4PDA, which I like by the way, Copilot was no longert able to access the GPS thru Bluetooth. Uninstalling Map4PDA does not resolve the issue. After a Hard Reset and Sprite restore to pre M4P conditions Copilot worked again. Repeating failure when installing M4P. Reinstalling CP after M4P did not work either. Hopefully this conflict will be resolved.
  14. Dr. Jerry

Dr. Jerry New Member

I got it to work fine on my Q. Just one question though...can you save your locations as favourites like you can with Google Maps?
  15. qwho

qwho New Member

tried posting this last night but it somehow didn't work. Anyhow... Does anyone else get big white squares instead of maps sometimes? I get the usual white boxes with the circles in them, the tiles load, and then some of them change from boxes with circles to a big box with one diagonal line, and it will not load those tiles. I zoom in/zoom out and sometimes it fixes this, but it is quite annoying. I tried virtual earth mobile today, but i didnt get a chance to try my gps receiver because i am at work... it didnt seem to do the white box thing though, so if it works with my receiver as well as map 4 pda then i am definately going to switch to it.

Maybe there is something i am doing wrong?
  16. qwho

qwho New Member

As it turns out virtual earth mobile won't read from my gps receiver at all. Map 4 pda does, but i still get those white boxes.
  17. ChadRioux

ChadRioux New Member

Great program.. I was pretty excited when I got it running. Anyone else have trouble when a call comes in while it's running. On my phone the caller got voice mail. This can't happen when conference calls are coming in. Is this something relating to data service?
  18. qwho

qwho New Member

Yeah so no one else is having the white box issue? and should map turning be able to be enabled?
  19. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

I get the white-boxes, but if you just do Options -> Map -> Refresh Map Tiles
  20. petey310

petey310 New Member

hey how can i get the agps/gps/gprs or whatever it is to work ?