Google Calendar sync? Help : )

Discussion in 'HTC Touch Pro' started by Crunkwizard, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Crunkwizard

Crunkwizard New Member

Google Calendar sync? Help : )

Hello Everyone! Happy New Year! :dft003:cool

I am trying to sync my Google calendar with my Sprint Touch Pro.

The service is available for windows mobile phone as instructed on Google

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

I am having issues setting up my phone since the information provided on the page are for Windows mobile 5 devices or older roms.So when setting up active sync on my phone the steps have changed.( you'll see what I mean when you check out the link) Here are the steps below :016:upset

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138636&topic=14299

I tried following the steps. and even tried different combinations with the email extension "googlemail" and just tried using gmail but not luck.

I hope someone can help me out This would make me very productive this year and looking forward to maximize my phone!

If you have an easier system of using my calendar from any website similar to google I would try it out. Thank you for your time!
    :dft010:big_smile
  2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

It works great on my Q9c running WM 6.1. Are you getting your email from Gmail?
  3. chinch

chinch New Member

i just set one up the instructions you posted are missing the first step. i am almost positive you need to enter your @gmail.com addy (must be @gmail.com) to sync. then enter the server and verify the email & password. You can also uncheck the email box (that is worthless and should be a separate imap inbox if you want gmail).

4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Hmmm... The instructions look fine to me and I must respectfully disagree with the statement that sync email is worthless.
  5. Crunkwizard

Crunkwizard New Member

Thanks for your time! I went over and edited and also re read and realized i needed to UNCHECK my tasks since it stated that its not supported and leads to an error! and Walla! Im in business. this is going to help me be very productive!! Cheers!:dft003:cool