Goodbye Q

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by reckoningday, Sep 30, 2008.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks and good luck. See you over at Everything Berry.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

good luck dude
  3. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

They're dropping like flies............
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

good luck with the Berry..
  5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I'll admit in this obscure thread that I switched from my Q to a Diamond about a month ago.
    But I'm still here cause EverythingHTC Sucks :ack:

My switch was mainly due to new software being geared to the PPC and touchscreens.
    It's not a happy transition beyond the software. ):
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

not liking the Diamond too much ?

potQ9c
  7. GoldenBlaze

GoldenBlaze New Member

Thanks again! You guys rock!
  8. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

It's not too bad.
    It takes getting used too. The compact qwerty keyboard and prediction is quite good. Just have to make sure to check it cause it can get weird. Make sure T9 is on and the spaces are in between words as their being typed or again it gets weird.

Also spent a bunch of time building a custom rom to replace the Sprint crap.

Battery life when this thing jets on step is insane!
  9. coinstar99

coinstar99 New Member

What's really funny is I left for a little more than a week and was trying out a Sprint Treo 800w cause I have always been a fan of the Treos and what I found is that I am going to come back to my Q9h. The sound quality on the Q9h is far superior to the Treo, well actually to just about anything I have owned in a long time, and the reception on the Q9h can't be beat if you ask me.

I realize the comparison of apples to oranges as we are talking Sprint and AT&T but I really did miss my Q9h and the Treo is going back as soon as I get a return label. I got it cause of a great deal on the plan but maybe the cheap price isn't enough for me not to like a device. I realize I could get a Q9c for Sprint, but I had one of those once and it for me doesn't feel like it compares to my Q9h.

Its nice to be back, even though I never let anyone know I was leaving. It was just a temporary thing.
  10. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

welcome back!
  11. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Yeah I dont use my Wifi that often, but its nice to have if I want too. I've gotten so use to touchscreens now that sometimes I make a mistake on my iC902 and touch the screen.
  12. sherri

sherri Active Member

welcome home!
  13. cindra

cindra Active Member

Glad to have you back. :smile:
  14. George Knighton

George Knighton New Member

The Blackberry Bold has me thinking, but at a minimum upgrade price of $249, it doesn't seem to be to be obviously that much better than the Q9h.

There are things that I'd like for the Q9h to do that it does not do now, but I have not found a better compromise, a better device for the price.

I'd love to have WiFi, and I'd love to have a 2.5mm plug like the Blackberry has (I've really never liked Bluetooth). But the Q9h seems to do some other things better than the Blackberry, and these things seem to be more important.
  15. misterSelf

misterSelf New Member

I feel the exact same way. I actually bought a Bold and return it the next day. It's truly a nice device, but there a specific things that the Q does better than the Bold. I find the reception and sound quality to be superior on the Q; plus I prefer the Q's physical design and keyboard. As to the Bold, Wi-Fi is nice; it handles e-mai/IM better and it does have a gorgeous screen, but otherwise I prefer the Q.