good protector for the q?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by jilly1217, Jun 16, 2006.

1. jilly1217

jilly1217 New Member

good protector for the q?

has anyone seen a decent carry case for the q? i want to throw my phone in my purse but i get the feeling the screen will get scratched up in about 4 seconds. thanks!
  2. jeffc_jeff

jeffc_jeff New Member

Case for The Q

I bought a leather/magnetic case for $29.99 at best buy for My Motorola Q that I think would be perfect for you. Especially in a purse. It works fine for me except I like to keep it fully pocketed & the clip is a little more than I need.:thumbup:
  3. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

When I bought the "Q" they threw in the Magnetic Case, the Car Charger and the Bluetooth Headset for free due to a running promotion. The magnetic case is durable, but i will be upgrading to an aluminum or titanium case once it becomes available.

-Tom
  4. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

You know, speaking of that magnetic case... I purchased one of those with my Q, figuring that I would ultimately hate the thing. To the contrary, it is actually kind of growing on me. If it just had a window in the front so I could see who was calling without having to actually take the phone out, I would probably like it pretty well. Anyway, I know that case takes alot of heat in the newsgroups, but I have found it to be pretty functional and durable. Anyone else?
    Grego
  5. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

My whole goal about dumping the BB and getting the Q was to get rid of the "Hip Holster". And with the Q I have. So I am trying diffarent Skins, will report on how they are.
  6. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

7. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

'best skins ever' worked for me!

I love it. Hard to see, and hard to beat!

:thumbup:

-Simpson
  8. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

Looks interesting. How thin is it? Whats the texture like? Is it like a case, or just a film that you put over parts of the phone?

[​IMG]
  9. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

It is a film the protects the entire phone (except the keyboard) and has a slight tacky feel to it, which gives me a better handle on my Q.

I believe you were looking for a case to carry on construction sites? This might be a start, but I would still slip my Q into one of these:
    http://www.wirelessground.com/moqmoalcasi.html

-Simpson
  10. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

That is the initial one that I want, but out of all the ones ive looked at so far, none of them specify whether they can fit with the extended battery. As I posted in another thread, the extended battery made me give up my magnetic closing case because it fit way too snug with the extended battery attached.
  11. moore.1289

moore.1289 New Member

invisible shield

It is similar to the invisible shield sold at ShieldZone - Home of the iPod Screen Protector. I bought one for my Q immediately, and it also gives you a shield for the extended battery as part of the package. The plastic film is fairly thick and very durable, they developed it orginally for the leading edge of helicopter blades. The film has a lifetime warranty. I bought one for my mp3 player and it has worked out great. I have mine installed on my Q and it has been doing great. I dont have the extended battery so I used that extra shield and cut it into peices to cover the corners of the phone to protect it from accidental drops, etc.

Charles
  12. thegbees

thegbees New Member

Aluminum case and extended battery

Has anyone found a hard case that fits with the extended battery? I thought we hit it with :
    Motorola Q Monaco Aluminum Case - Silver

but I emailed them, and they say it doesn't.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
  13. pauljcote

pauljcote New Member

skin

I got a clear skin for my Q and it is that silicone rubber. I took it off because I like the feel of the Q better without it. The rubber makes it harder to slide into my pocket and I don't think it looks as good.
  14. smarzig

smarzig New Member

15. psdouglas

psdouglas New Member

16. Smoothieking

Smoothieking New Member

17. jfglassworks

jfglassworks New Member

hard metal case with Extended Battery for the Q

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALUMINUM-METAL-...ryZ20351QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    My husband and I each bought a black one - they have some that are for extended battery, and some that are for the regular battery. It was about $20 + shipping. I love mine - the only thing I don't like is that sometimes if I use the belt clip, if I hit the latch it sometimes has opened and dropped the phone. But for slipping into a purse or pocket, it's great! The clip comes completely off (it screws into the phone case). Check it out - it's done a great job of protecting my phone - I pull it out of the case sometimes and am just thrilled with how nice the phone looks since it doesn't get all beat up!

I did apply a screen protector to the plexi-glass screen of the hard case, as well as to my phone's screen so it's extra protected...:smile:

(using my hubby's account to post this...)
  18. Q9MNewb

Q9MNewb New Member

Hey, I'm looking for a nice aluminum case for the q9m. i've seen the monaco aluminum (http://store.everythingq.com/content/accessories/4-23--1018.htm) which looks pretty cool, but I haven't seen it yet for the q9m... you have any idea when it'll become available? (ok, you don't have to answer that, I just emailed Monaco, and will see what they say.)