Gmail Q9c problem

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by TimothyMichaelMcNamee, Dec 15, 2008.

1. TimothyMichaelMcNamee

TimothyMichaelMcNamee New Member

Gmail Q9c problem

Okay I downloaded the new file for gmail to work. It works great as far as saving sent e mails to my phone. But I had a coworker send me an email from work today to check out when I got home, I saw it come to my phone but when I got off it was completely gone. It's on my home computer but it sucks that it won't stay on my phone. It makes me wonder if I'm missing a ton of emails or not. Someone please help me. I send myself an email using an old hotmail account and I read it at around six o clock then went back and it was gone about seven. I didn't delete it or anything. Thanks everyone for reading.
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

are you set up for IMAP?
  3. TimothyMichaelMcNamee

I don't know what that means. I let it automatically set me up.
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

go to gmail on the web. go to the forwarding tab then down to IMAP set up and follow the instructions.
  5. TimothyMichaelMcNamee

I get the e mails but they go away on their own without me checking them sometimes. You guys are so awesome for trying to help me.
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I'm guessing they stay untill your phone checks mail again, right?
    Gmail works best as IMAP. try it.
  7. TimothyMichaelMcNamee

Do I do it from my computer?
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

go to gmail on your pc to read the info, set your phone up. you may have to delete the old gmail.
  9. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

log in to gmail online. go to setting. then forwarding pop/imap "enable imap"
    Click configuration instructions, chose windows mobile 5 or 6. follow those instructionson your phone when setting up your gmail again.

Delete the one you have now and start over with the IMAP setting.
  10. TimothyMichaelMcNamee

You are awesome. Thanks so much for the help. Appears to be working.
  11. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Cool man!......
  12. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

okay. I ran into a Gmail problem today. I can no longer send from my phone.

I sent myself a email as a test, and I get it. but when I tried to reply to it, I get this message.. "Error: the message(s) cannot be sent. Be certain that your have network coverage and that your account information is correct and then try again."

I never made any changes. Gmail auto configured my phone for me so I never had a need to change anything. I thought about deleting the account from the phone and doing it all over again, but I have messages in my outbox pending that I cannot seem to get off the phone. I have the phone sync'd right now but when I goto the "explore" I cannot find anything for my messaging.

I tried to copy/past it to any where, but can only send the body of the email via a text message.

any thoughts?
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

When the phone does the settings for you, it gets it wrong most of the time. Again, go to gmail on a pc, then settings/forwarding and follow the set up directions for IMAP. You will have to delete your account on your phone first. Delete those messages in your outbox, if you dont need them.
  14. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

I'm on gmail right now looking @ my settings.

So if I need the messages in the outbox, how can I save it??

oh yeha...ive been using gmail on the phone since Thanksgiving, why would it just not mess up??
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Not sure. When you are in the outbox,is there an option in the menu to move the file or save as draft, you just have to get them out of there.
  16. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

it will only let me move them with in gmail on the phone. with the phone sycn'd, is there away to navigate to find it?
  17. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I cant try it, on your phone, in the inbox, highlight the message, click menu, isnt there any options to move, delete or something else?
  18. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

Okay. Selected the email. Clicked on menu. My options are "new, reply, mark as unred, Move, folders, tools, select messages & send/receive.

I click on "move" and it will only allow me to move it to gmail folders. I cannot move it out of there.

I'm trying to copy/paste the body of the email to a note pad or something, but I dont know where it will go. I when I opened the note pad it would not allow me to paste.

With the sync window open, I cannot find it via the "explore" button....

I'm still getting emails every time you reply though.....
  19. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

why dont you just go into the account setting and edit them to the proper settings?
  20. Hyundaifixer

Hyundaifixer New Member

well..I was able to copy the text and put in into MS word to go and pull it from the phone that way.

Just copied the text from MS Word and from the PC sent the email...I'm going to delete the email from the phone and re load it.

Hopefully this will solve that problem.

Wonder why it just started today though. Right in the middle of me sending/receiving...