gmail problems

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by EQBob, May 3, 2009.

1. EQBob

EQBob New Member

gmail problems

today I went to send via gmail from my saga and while it receives fine, it says it can,t send, check netwirk connection.

obviously if it can receive it has a netwiork connection plus my other accounts on phone all work fine.

several hours later, I am still having same problem. have restarted phone, etc.

anyone have any thoughts as to what might be going on? is anyone experiencing same?
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Most of the time it's the server. Happens on my yahoo and gmail accounts at random times (mostly yahoo). I used to do the whole delete and re-setup the account thing. Then I decided to just leave it, and usually starts working again within a day... sometimes the next day.
  3. EQBob

EQBob New Member

ok...thanks..t'was hard to use the search function as I'm only on saga and 1600 miles from my pc.

searched on gmail not working and got 20 pages of results and the first 2 pages are filled with gps thread stuff.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I'd delete the message in the outbox though. Usually when a message gets stuck there, it gives you an error no matter how many times you try to send it... like it was corrupted or something.
  5. EQBob

EQBob New Member

ok..thanks. will do.
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

On RBs page, there is a patch called windowsmobile6.1 I ran it and it fixed that problem.
  7. EQBob

EQBob New Member

What does the cab file do? I know you said it fixes the problem, but where is it from, who wrote it, what does it do, etc? I'd be pretty leary of just applying some random cab file, yes?

Have no idea what "RB's page" is...
  8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

My saga/verizon/gmail has been okey dokey.

rb's page is RudeBoys App page....right here!
  9. sherri

sherri Active Member

10. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

11. EQBob

EQBob New Member

'preciate the link. Excuse my skepticism, but do you know what this cab file is and does? All I see is a directory listing with dozens of files. There's no description, no links, no text, nothing to inspire any confidence that some assorted file out in cyberspace from some assorted person is a legit file and a legit fix from (someone, some corporation) for this problem.
  12. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

from what i remember...

6.1 had some email sending bug....across all accounts i believe except exchange. somewhere a hack cab (or pre-release) came out that fixed it...then microsoft released the real deal. i never had the problem on my q9c and not now with saga so never tried or needed it. There are a couple threads in one of the Q9 threads that discusses it to much detail but they are escaping me at the moment.
  13. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member