gmail? pop3

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by dieselwh0r3, Jun 22, 2006.

1. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Thank you, I completely forgot about this setting and I even made the change when I first set up gmail....
  2. cosmo102

cosmo102 New Member

Strang message

Hi,
    I have set the gmail setting correctly on my Q, however, when I try to send/receive, i am left in an endless loop of having to enter and re-enter my password, regardless if "remember password" is checked. occasionally, it gets tired of asking for the password and gives me the stand by message of "an error occurred while downloading messages. verify that you have network......"
    it is the password cycle that is irritating- any suggestions?
  3. shadowfax

shadowfax New Member

I've read through this thread and everything seems to be working...able to log on, receive emails, auto receive every 15 minutes and have all the emails stay on the Q.

The only thing that doesn't seem to happen is that I still see "email (0)" on the home screen when I receive an email. I get a message indicator (envelope) on the Status Indicator Row but I would assume it would tell me how many emails I have?

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix?
  4. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

the plugin is set to check for your outlook emails, and unfortunately, its not programmed to check your gmail box for messages.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i am using the following code:

and it does show the message count (pop) for Gmail..
  6. shadowfax

shadowfax New Member

I figured it would be something like that. Thanks for the clarification.
  7. shadowfax

shadowfax New Member

I'm a total newbie with these things. How do I use this? I'm assuming I copy this code somewhere?
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

the code can be found in the xml file of the homescreen that you are using. these files are in the \application data\home folder on your Q. copy that file to your desktop and edit that xml file in notepad on your PC then copy it back to the Q back into that folder and you should be all set
  9. kcmin

kcmin New Member

Hi so I did all of this and was recieveing however it started receiving ALL of my gmail mail including my archived it said it was receivein 545 emails when I made the setting for just todays emails. how can I fix this?
  10. sguti

sguti New Member

Hey guys, I've tried everything from "enabling pop for any mail from now on" to putting "recent:" in front of my username. Unfortunately, my mail still disappears after downloading the whole message. After searching through various forums I gave up and changed my account options to "download the first 5000 bits of the message". That way I'll get most of the message... and if it's really that important I guess I'll have to check gmail from my phone's browser. Hopefully someone finds a good workaround or google fixes this issue.

:frown:
  11. Q Status

Q Status New Member

Gmail works fine for me, but i'm new to Gmail... but is this normal (everytime i send an e-mail from home or my Q, I get an e-mail of the exact message sent to my Q as a new e-mail) it gets pretty annoying.. if i reply to an e-mail through my Q.. the reciever gets it, but i get same the e-mail sent to me.. so it's like it's sent twice...

NORMAL?
  12. Shannon

Shannon New Member

I had the same problem.. go into your gmail settings and enable POP
  13. Shannon

Shannon New Member

I'm not sure if i'm posting this twice but the same thing happened to me- very annoying! go into your gmail account settings and make sure POP is enabled for all mail or for all new mail- this is under the forwarding and POP tab... hope this helps!
  14. Rkay

Rkay New Member

OK sorry if this is covered elsewhere but I'm new to my Q but love it! I had my tech people at work configure my Q to pick up my work email because of firewalls etc--we use outlook. If I also want to get my gmail and I use the set ups mentioned earlier will that impact anything on my outlook?

Thanks for all the help--this forum is great.
  15. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

It won't affect it as far as I know as long as you just set it up as a new account.

From your 'Outlook Mail' click 'Menu' and then 'Options' then 'New Account', what you set up here will then appear as a separate account which you can send and receive from.

Once setup click 'Menu' and 'Switch Accounts' to do just that.

Not that GMail works great on the Q though!

Craig
  16. Rkay

Rkay New Member

this worked just great! thanks a bunch!:smile:
  17. rifsk

rifsk New Member

Did the change to from now on and it's finally working. Thanks all.
  18. SPJ

SPJ New Member

I have the very same problem, and unfortunately no solution.
    I'm using the Bell Mobility network for my cell provider.
  19. quint

quint New Member

I have managed to sucessfully setup Gmail on my Q, but its having trouble sending.

I have been able to get new emails in, but when I replied to one, its still sitting in my outgoing box even after "send/receive" is selected. It gives me this error:

I have checked and rechecked all of the settings by the various tutorials on this forum, all seem to be correct.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
  20. janineb78

janineb78 New Member

Gmail headaches

I have been on the phone with sprint for over 2 hours :frown: and still cannot get my Q to recieve emails from my gmail acct. I follow all of the instructions both from the Q and from here and all I get is back to the incoming server page/screen without ever progressing! If anyone has any ideas I would be overjoyed.