gmail? pop3

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by dieselwh0r3, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Superfly

Superfly New Member

I had this problem, but then I went into my pop and forwarding settings and changed it from pop ALL emails to pop everything new from now on (or something like that). Boom, it's all good now.

Try it, you never know, it might just be that easy.
  2. surround

surround New Member

Wow, thanks for the step by step tutorial. Got it to work as soon as I enabled the pop. Now is there a way to retrieve everything in my gmail account. I sent myself an email to see if it works, and I just got the email I sent, and not everything else in my gmail box.
  3. gtpenny

gtpenny New Member

G-mail sends OK - but no emails in any folders on the Q.
    Pop 3 enabled, all set up as per instructions - but no email to view in any folder?
    ideas
  4. davidsol

davidsol New Member

Related mail questions-- how do you chance the name of an account? One I set it, the account option in the settings area is dimmed-- and I can't rename it! Second "q"-- how do you delete an account?
  5. davidsol

davidsol New Member

And a question I'm still stumped on-- can you change the "From:" field while composing email. I have 5 pop3 accounts, and depending on what I'm doing need to select between them when writing someone-- the mail client doesn't seem to support this? And final question-- is there a good third-part mail app that competes with MSFT that I can buy, which would have all these "advanced" functions?
  6. Rsxek7

Rsxek7 New Member

Guys im having trouble with this gmail.....i could send mail....but cannot get mail....what am i doing wrong? I followed the tut that someone posted and tried to del my settings and try over again...but having the same problem..

Gmail:::send/Receive::connecting:: logging on :::sending receving :::finish

when i actually go to test mail....i see it on my acct but not on my Q.

Help pls.
  7. tazcalvin

tazcalvin New Member

well, i had that problems too. send/recieve, everything seem to work fine but
    no mail in the box. here are my solutions. go to gmail acount and go to setting, click on forwarding and pop. and check on Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded), after you check this, you will get every single mail in your account to your Q. i know it is kinda inconvinience. but it worked. i hope this will help.
  8. commth225

commth225 New Member

i went through the steb by step and it still doesnt work. when i click "yes" tto have it download messages, it says that it is retreiving messages and says "__/352" once it finishes the screen is empty and there is nothing. i tried sending an email and all it does is go to the outbox and wont send. what am i doing wrong
  9. Bermuda

Bermuda New Member

I am having the same problem. I have followed all the instructions and ensured that POP3 forwarding is enabled in my gmail. After the set up and when tryign to send a test email I get the following message:

"Login error. Ensure you have the correct login information and try again"

I have the correct login information, username etc. I don't know what else to do :( :(
  10. scoobygang

scoobygang New Member

You say you've ensured that POP forwarding is enabled, but did you select the setting to forward from today forward?

A number of users have had to do that. I don't know if it's because the Q can't handle hundreds of messages or whether Gmail is just weird that way, but I was able to download new messages once I re-enabled POP from the current date forward.
  11. Bermuda

Bermuda New Member

Whoo-hoo thanks everyoen I figured it out now. I had to change around a few settings...ok now I can begin exploring this phone since the basics are working :)
  12. Rsxek7

Rsxek7 New Member

Yeepp..

Mines just started working out of the blue...
    Does ne one else have theirs working on and off??
  13. dragonauta

dragonauta New Member

Could you tell me how you fixed that error?
  14. f22 lx

f22 lx New Member

Hey Im having some problems with my Gmail. I have it all setup fine and when I go to Send/Recieve it gets everything and finishes but when I go to my inbox I have nothing, how can I change this, my Gmail and my Q are setup correctly, any ideas?

Unsure
  15. djtaco

djtaco New Member

So i set up my POP both to start from all and start from today, and I still go Send/Receive, and it keeps coming up to log in to the incoming server and then it times out saying that i have an error that my account information may be wrong or out of coverage, which i'm not. Any more suggestions?
  16. Kool_Guy_RyanN

Kool_Guy_RyanN New Member

I was able to setup the gmail acct fine. When i run the send/receive i am able to get my new emails. But i have tested it a few times, and waited 30 mins and it has not automatically updated on its own yet.

I set it for 15 min updates. Is there anyway to make this realtime instead? Any clue to why my device has not been sending me the emails on the 15 min mark?
  17. brewer

brewer New Member

i've performed the steps from the 'how to setup gmail on a motorola Q'

http://www.everythingq.com/kb/how-to-setup-gmail-on-a-motorola-q/

and read a couple of the post on how to correct some errors

i've got everything working great but when its finished checking email....

the inbox is empty

is their something in the setup i'm doing wrong??
  18. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

This Q is a weird little critter.

GMail was working fine for the past two weeks since I got a replacement Q (for some reason the first one I had quit sending outgoing mail, so Verizon replaced it), and yesterday the "new" Q quit displaying new mail in my inbox.

I just changed the POP setting to "Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on" and it seems to be working properly again.

Another oddity I've observed, as Kool_Guy_RyanN did, is that it doesn't always check mail every 15 minutes.
  19. brewer

brewer New Member

i setup my pop3 with gmail by following the instructions

i can login and can see it counting thru emails

but nothing will be displayed in my inbox

i have pop3 setup to "Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on"

suggestions?
  20. tomeng01

tomeng01 New Member

I had this problem as well:

Hey Im having some problems with my Gmail. I have it all setup fine and when I go to Send/Recieve it gets everything and finishes but when I go to my inbox I have nothing, how can I change this, my Gmail and my Q are setup correctly, any ideas?

I did this to fix it, as well:

I just changed the POP setting to "Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on"

And now it appears to be working fine. Try it.