GMail for Q

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Dr.Snyder, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Dr.Snyder

Dr.Snyder New Member

GMail for Q

Boy i tell ya. if it's not one thing it's another eh? on my original Q, i couldn't get GMail to work properly, it would check mail and send it out, but it wouldn't download to the phone.

so i got the new Q and was hoping for better results. this time, i'm happy to report that it does it all. in fact a little too much. everytime i send an email from either my q, OR online in my gmail accounts, i ALWAYS get a copy sent to my phone. i have two different gmail accounts set up on my phone and it happens with both of them.

previously, i had forwarding to mynumber@sprintpcs.com blah blah forwarded on gmail so i'd at least get txt messages of incoming email. but now that the new q works properly, i went in and turned off the forwarding on both accounts, yet it's still forwarding messages. strangely enough though, it forwards back to me messages i just sent out, and when it comes to me it's like i was emailing myself?

if you're not already too confused, let me know if you have any ideas??
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

and you followed this thread?
  3. Dr.Snyder

Dr.Snyder New Member

i set it up automatically through the phone itself.
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

follow those instructions...they are different
  5. Dr.Snyder

Dr.Snyder New Member

okay. i went through and erased previous accounts and updated new ones. we will see what happens. thx
  6. Dr.Snyder

Dr.Snyder New Member

NOPE, still does the same thing??? wtf??
  7. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

There's another gmail thread out there that provides a fix for this. It involves setting up a second account to which you will forward mail from your primary account. You use the second account for incoming mail, and then your primary account for outgoing mail. This will keep you from getting a copy of the replies.

Edit: Found the thread:

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/motorola-q/responding-to-emails-sends-a-copy-back-9708-2.html