gmail app

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by erlenmil, Mar 4, 2007.

1. erlenmil

erlenmil New Member

gmail app

Hi all. just got gmail app to work on the q. you'd need j9 from ibm. there are some links to that on the forum.

then. from your q. goto gmail.com/app

click on download. it would not let you. then go to address bar and copy url.

once you have the url run the ibm emulator click install. type in url you just saved. it would install gmail on your q.

i havn't yet figured out how to make a shortcut directly to gmail, i still run emulator every time. let me know if you figure the way around it.

good luck
  2. rubinproj

rubinproj New Member

Can you write the url ? because on my Q it didnt show me the url after i press download.
  3. erlenmil

erlenmil New Member

4. rubinproj

rubinproj New Member

Thx. I install it & its working but the font look very bad.

Thx again.
  5. erlenmil

erlenmil New Member

i noticed that. inside gmail app go to menu, settings, uncheck use small fonts or whatever it is called.
  6. CogswellCogs

CogswellCogs New Member

Bentonville or Bust

I get a "this file cannot be displayed on this device" error message when I try to open that URL. What do I have the Wal-Mart Q or something?
  7. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

No, just a walmart understanding of the post :smile: (no offense, just through the walmart comment was hilarious and had to re-use it). You have to take that URL and put it in the new app URL in j9 when you go to install a new application. The Q can't understand it stock.
  8. CogswellCogs

CogswellCogs New Member

While I was browsing the "aisles" at "Wal-Mart" I see that I can't find any links to j9 from IBM to get me to where I might some gSatisfaction from Gmail on my Q.

New to the forum and I've only had my Q for five days, so would appreciate a little elaboration on the j9 app and what that is.

In the mean time, I'll hang out in the frozen foods aisle, over there in-between motor oil and baby clothes. :tounge:

update: went on the IBM site and got a little additional data...am guessing that the app is not FOC; is there a gratis app that I can use that won't cost me $$$? It would seem to me that Google would have something FOC for this.
  9. rubinproj

rubinproj New Member

I try it, but still the text is shown in mix Upper and Lower case letters.

I'm from Israel & my Q is using hebrew UI. maybe this is the problem.
  10. ZATZAi

ZATZAi New Member

http://www.mediafire.com/?0jwy22tzzyn
  11. CogswellCogs

CogswellCogs New Member

Yo soy idiota.

Okay now I'm just feeling stupid. I got the file and expected an easy "click-install-sync" motion, but am getting "extract" prompts. I realize that this is a PEBKAC issue, but what essential step am I missing? I can't even be sure that this is going to solve my issues, but I really appreciate the help!

Thanks.
  12. ZATZAi

ZATZAi New Member

CAB files are instalation files for your phone. Put the file on the phone and run it on your phone to install.
  13. CogswellCogs

CogswellCogs New Member

Help?

Thanks for the tip. I installed the .CAB file...still no Gmail. I've followed the other instructions (recent:xxxx, etc.) and still can't get it to work. I'm balding, so don't favor pulling what few hairs I have left out, but does anyone have a similar experience?

I still am not sure how to delete profiles and "start over" either. I now have two Gmail profiles (not the root of the Gmail problem) and an IMAP profile that have borne me no fruit.
  14. erlenmil

erlenmil New Member

15. CogswellCogs

CogswellCogs New Member

I'm not a total idiot...just figured out how to delete profiles... > accounts > etc. Yea!
  16. CogswellCogs

CogswellCogs New Member

17. erlenmil

erlenmil New Member

did you put http:// in front of the url?
  18. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

I can get the applet up and running, but it doesn't function properly:

I get a message that says "Can Gmail use airtime to send or receive via an https connection this one time," so I select yes, and the same message just keeps reappearing; this happens four or five times.

Then, finally I get a message that states "Sorry, Gmail will not work on your phone. Your phone doesn't have the appropriate certificate to communicate with the server. Try accessing Gmail on your mobile browser at http://mail.google.com"

Huh?
  19. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

I had to put the "http://" in front of the URL in order to get it to install from the web..
  20. CogswellCogs

CogswellCogs New Member

Yea, verily. And behold I am wroth with the Q.

Checked and double-checked the URL for accuracy...can't find any problems there...