Gizmodo: "Q11 Spotted, Look Barely Distinguishable from Q9

Discussion in 'Moto Q 11' started by Vazguard, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

from what I've seen and read they could have skipped this one and waited untill a new version was ready
  3. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

It's not so much the same shape issue that make me not excited about this phone, it's the fact that the "improvements" are insignificant.
    No major bump in processor speed, RAM, onboard storage and especially the camera. There are so many phones coming out with 5, 6 and even 8 megapixels that 3.2 is laughable.
    Motorola is really falling behind..they are going to have to do something drastic to remain in the game.
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

5. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

looks like the genghis to me...
  6. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Is that a ball like on blackberry's?
  7. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

yup..looks like it.

looks pretty neat!
  8. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Should work I just tired it again and it was fine.
  9. sniffs

sniffs New Member

any word on the ports? I want a micro/mini USB port AND a 3.5mm headphone port!

and a notification LED..

Motorola, please add those 2 things, then I can say for sure that this will be the best windows mobile phone I've ever had.

I already think the q9h is one of the best winmo phones I've ever owned.. please make it THE best by adding those 2 things!
  10. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Yeah, you'd really think they'd up the specs on the processor and memory if nothing else.

...and that doesn't look like a trackball to me - just a round silver button.
  11. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

I like the trackballs but my roomate owns a Blackberry Pearl and I ca tell you that those trackballs wear out and get very loose. I think the less moving parts the better.

Frankly I am not disappointed with the Q9-esque form of these next gen Q's - what concerns me is what's under the hood. I want at *least* a 400 MHZ processor, more RAM, etc.

I think that Motorola was smart not to jump on the touchscreen bandwagon with their Q line... touchscreens (like trackballs) just wear out and become less and less resonsive over time. In the end it's just something else to break.
  12. jasoraso

jasoraso Member

I've had several touchscreens, and generally they've held up well. I personally would like to see a Q with a touchscreen. The new Samsung i770, which is like a Blackjack with a touchscreen, has me very intrigued. Although generally I'm very happy with the Q and its interface - I'd say 95% of the time I like the interface - one handed and quick to do everything I'd like to (other than processor lag) - there are still times when I'd like the option of a touchscreen.

I'd have to say though that the things that will probably determine whether I get a Samsung i770 or the Napoleon will probably be other hardware considerations: wi-fi, screen quality and resolution (the i770 is 320x320), processor speed, and memory.

The Q9m is weak on processor (lag) and memory (running multiple programs). If the Napoleon corrects both of these, I may stay with Motorola.

The last consideration is which comes out first!!!
  13. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

14. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

No 3G? Not for me.
  15. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i wonder if this is going to be like the Q8
    where its primarily overseas the Q8 was Asia and South America

with it being released in brazil first makes me think that might be the case
    but thats only speculation
  16. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Maybe. If I remember correctly, China wanted Apple to take out the 3G of the new iPhones before they would officially support them.
  17. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Maybe it was just an effect of the camera lens, but it looks significantly bigger than the Q9.
  18. sprintadv

sprintadv New Member

I like the rounded edges as that was a complaint of mine with the current Q's.
    But they have to move the game forward or we will be looking @ 1 less manufacturer soon with Moto.