Get rid of the "Message sent" screen?

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by Dsella, Nov 23, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i either assume (yes i know the saying about assuming :} and 2. like today when i replied to a text message i received a text message back (2 hours later) that it could not be delivered)
  2. 86mcss

86mcss New Member

this is the problem i was having. i also found this in the message settings a couple of hours ago.

thanks for everyones help. :smile:
  3. Dsella

Dsella New Member

Funny you say that. I saw that, and it was unchecked. I was still getting the notification.
  4. shawal16

shawal16 New Member

You can disable that manually on your phone without a hack. Goto your text messages. Then click the menu softkey>>>Options>>Account Settings>>Text Messages>> uncheck "Request delivery notification"

That should do the trick.
  5. gmardre

gmardre New Member

Anybody having text problems? Like when I receive a text, my phone lights up, but no text...and my texts are not going out. Could this be a problem from doing this hack?
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

nope.... i am using this hack for many months now and re-did it a few times (Master Resets + Prosper made that .cab that i tried) and never had an issue.. possibly coincidence ?
  7. 08unlmtdx

08unlmtdx New Member

what folder do I want to put the "message sent" message delete hack in? When I try to open it it says that there is no file associated with it (i guess basically its just a read only or something) I also want to put the candlelite thing on my phone....any help should probably be put step-by-step....I'm pretty new to all this stuff. :embarassed:
    Thanks!!!
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

move the cab file to the Q and put it in any folder then click on the file from the Q's file manager and your set
  9. 08unlmtdx

08unlmtdx New Member

negative....it tells me to run the application first then try to run the program inside it?????????? wtf??? whats goin wrong here...like I said...step-by-step
  10. n99hockey

where did you get this program from?
  11. 08unlmtdx

08unlmtdx New Member

You!!!! :laugh2: It was on the first page of this thread.....
  12. n99hockey

ok then
    im not sure why its asking you to install something else

but just download the file
    dont unzip it
    move the entire download to the Q and click on the file in the file manager and you should be set
    reboot the Q and done
  13. 08unlmtdx

08unlmtdx New Member

When I found the file on my phone, i noticed it was a .tgz file.....what the heck is that and is it right???
  14. n99hockey

ok heres what you do
    on your pc rename the file extension to .cab from .tgz and you should be set to follow the directions i listed before
  15. usdtmcs1

usdtmcs1 New Member

Okay, first I must say that I appreciate all of the information regarding this topic. Like another user in this thread, saved the .cab file for the no message sent hack, but the only option I have to save it on my pc is the .tgz extension?
  16. n99hockey

did you read the post that you quoted?

save the file to your PC and rename the file extension to .cab
  17. usdtmcs1

usdtmcs1 New Member

Yes, I did, but my pc does not give me the option to save the file yo anything other than the .tzg extension that it pre-populates it with. As a matter of fact, all of the files from that list pre-populate with the .tzg extension when I click on them to save. This may not be anything you can help with, but it never hurts to ask! Thanks
  18. n99hockey

just save it to the PC
    then right click on the file on your PC and rename the extension
  19. Rood87

Rood87 New Member

Text Msg Sent Notification Off

Hey guys, I turned my text messaging notification off in the registry. If you aren't scared of going into your registry. The first time I tried it, it didn't work. I went and checked and it was because I had Text Messaging running in the background, even though it wasn't open on my screen. So for anyone who it's not working on.
    If you go into:
    start > system tools > Task Manager > highlight Text Messaging hit menu and kill it. Then redo the registry settings. If Text Messaging isn't killed it wont apply the Fix. I assume it would be the same using the .cab file. Make sure you kill text messaging before installing it.

Hope this helps anyone still trying to stop the text messaging sent button.
  20. flairman

flairman New Member

This does not work on my Q9m.