get rid of battery alert screens

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by jrcstudios, Apr 2, 2008.

1. jrcstudios

jrcstudios New Member

get rid of battery alert screens

Has anyone come up with a registry hack to PREVENT (not automatically close) ALL the battery alert pop-up screens? I don't want to know if my battery is low OR if the charge is complete. I have an icon in the upper right corner for that. I saw one solution for adding a program to automatically hit OK but this wouldn't help if I was in the middle of typing something which is when it annoys me the most.
  2. xghostx

xghostx New Member

3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard.... a good plan of attack would be search first, ask later..
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

hopefully you won't drain your battery completely and cry when all data is lost. So um yea, good luck with that
  5. jrcstudios

jrcstudios New Member

Thanks for the welcome..
    Yea, I did search and I saw all but one of those posts, but they all seem to deal with the message AFTER it pops up, not preventing it, and some only for the "Charge Complete" I was hoping for something that PREVENTS it from popping up.
  6. jrcstudios

jrcstudios New Member

I have had a Q for a while now, and the lack of battery life has bit me many times when it finally decides to shut off, but I have never lost any "data" other than maybe a text message I was sending.. Besides, those of us who backup our data can deal with it.
  7. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

seen many here who did. Glad you got a backup plan.
  8. Spencer-Scott

Spencer-Scott New Member

This seems a little bit like a hostile thread WOW..... I've been here for awhile and I've noticed the irritation levels rising!!! (just thought I'd point this out) but ya it is getting a little annoying seeing similar threads over over again.
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i would not call it "hostile"... it would help everyone if more new users (not saying they are all the same) would try searching first and if no satisfying results ask, i don't think that is too much to ask.
  10. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

hostile?
    really?
  11. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

my post may have been harsh, but I couldn't and still can't undertand why one would want to do this "hack". Kinda like driving on empty. Why set yourself up for failure? (rhetorical question) Regaredless, It's his and not mine. So, just like his shorts, what he does is upto him.

SO far the OP seems to have been fortunate and has been able to recover when/if needed. A new user may not be so lucky.

harsh/sarcastic/rude...maybe. Hostile..no

So if the OP was offended I appologize.
  12. jrcstudios

jrcstudios New Member

Back on topic please!!

As the starter of this thread, I did not consider rudeboy to be "rude" nor mike250rs. I also personally can't stand new users who login and don't search before making a post. However, I did do a search; found lots of great things, but none that did what I wanted which is to prevent the pop-ups, not automatically close them. Yep, I'm picky. I hope maybe someone can help me.

Maybe I should have named the thread differently... "PREVENT battery alert pop-ups" Yes, I am new to this forum, but not new to the operation of forums.

:angry:If my reply to mike250rs seemed "hostile" I'm sorry, I'm more hostile at my Q for telling me things I know already when I'm trying to do other things.:angry:
  13. jefffree

jefffree New Member

IMHO, when someone posts "like duh you should have searched first" it's nearly a first-degree flame. Many of us search, find, and are unsatisfied by the results; hence a reposting may be called for. I have a similar issue with the vibration duration hack - which does not seem to stick. But noone has responded to my problem. I digress.

In this case, the solution provided to the battery notice - installing the .exe file DOES OT WORK on plain 'ol Qs. I even exchanged email with the app writer Gus, who indicated he'd only tried the app on Q9s.

Perhaps a modicum of tolerance may be called for?
  14. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

* re-reads posts *

nope, not offended :)

Orriginaly I wasn't sure of experiance level. I can't see user info via mobile easly. If anything the second post let me know that you knew what you were doing.
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

at jefffree: there's nothing wrong with saying/asking a member to search imo...

potQ.
  16. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Everyone here has jobs, so does RudeBoy & Scott & they manage at least to try to acknowledge a question from an OP.
    This has been said before & I will say it again:
    When RudeBoy says "search first" the question has already been answered before (sometimes dozens of times) ....try harder to find the answer.
    May sound "rude" to some but to other ppl here know RudeBoy has answered the question. Just try harder, try a different search string, etc....
    Let's not get mad at each other or the MODS over this.....
  17. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

don't think anybody was actualy upset until sprencer said things were getting hostile. So we(me) were wondering why that was said.
  18. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Yepper, ppl were getting upset, mildly, but I didn't want it to esculate like some have in the past. Getting mad at each isn't helping anybody.
    And, I never get mad @ you! I know you are sarcastic & I see the humor in it b/c I'm very sarcastic. I mumble a lot instead of typing it here. Besides, you have to fight the "going home-northward bound beach bums, white socks sandeled ppl" right now! LOL I'm giving you a lot of leeway till that settles down!! :smile:
  19. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

been fighting them old farts all week. Seen 2 campers flip and make a mess all over my road. -grr-

I don't argue on boards..its pointless. Anyways, probably enough chatter in this thread. It may need a cleaning or OP may never get issue resolved here.
  20. Spencer-Scott

Spencer-Scott New Member

ahhhh guys I'm dearly sorry for starting something... I came off wrong (no pun intended) and ya hostile was the wrong word (my bad my bad) I just meant that people need to search more and actually read the replies and not stop after the first one b/c ya I get irritated with seeing the same questions repeated daily and I'm not on near as often as the MODS my bad guys. Hope you don't HATE me lol :embarassed::laugh2: