Get carrier voicemail send to SMS free - AND - Disconnect Cellular Data questions

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by TabJo, Oct 1, 2008.

1. TabJo

TabJo New Member

Get carrier voicemail send to SMS free - AND - Disconnect Cellular Data questions

I have an Alltel Motorola Q9c.

I was wondering if there was a free service out there that would retrieve my voicemail and send it to me via SMS. I found one (can't remember which one it was) but it wasn't for the Alltel carrier and I entered email address to inform me when it would work with Alltel. Anyone know of one for Alltel?

Also, is there a way to set the phone to do the "Disconnect Ceullular Data" after such and such time of inactivity (taking Palringo into consideration - if Palringo connected dont' disconnect)?
  2. guest03

guest03 Member

youmail

Have you tried youmail?
    www.youmail.com

I had it but I didnt think the SMS texts were that great. Sometimes I didnt get anythign good out of them.

The plus is if you dont have service and miss a call, it will still send you a text message saying you missed it, since the call is being forwarded.

Theres also a lot of other cool features it offers. It can save all of your voicemails online, so you can check them there instead of on a phone.

3. TabJo

TabJo New Member

That's it. That's the one I couldn't think of that doesn't work with Alltel and that I signed up to be notified when it works with Alltel.
  4. guest03

guest03 Member

Oh, hmm.
    Other than that, I havent heard of anything similiar to it.

I was searching youmails site to find out the carriers they support. When I clicked on View More it showed this message:

"YouMail works with most U.S. carriers and just about any cell phone. Here's the full list: AT&T, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and more."

I dont know how it is the full list if there is an "and more" at the end of it.
  5. firecracker37

firecracker37 New Member

"And More..." most likely includes the tins of little carriers out there that meet the requirements to use the service. It makes sense to list major carriers, but not something with twelve subscribers in central Nebraska lol.