Garmin on Q9c

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by danwo, Dec 3, 2007.

1. danwo

danwo New Member

Garmin on Q9c

I just saw a commercial of Garmin's (slick) GPS system being used on Helio's Ocean-- kinda mad about that. Can I get some Garmin action on the Q9c too?
  2. DogFace

DogFace Guest

I've started to research this too. I'm interested in finding out if TeleNav, Tom Tom 6, and other mapping software works with the built-in GPS of the Q9c. It's interesting if you look at Sprint Navigation (I think $9.99/month, the launch screen says "by Telenav".

I've gotten the GPS to work with Google Maps and Live Search, but those apps don't automatically update turn-by-turn when driving, and don't do voice instructions.

3. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Haven't tried if out with Google Maps yet, but Windows Live Search will update the directions as you are driving. Once you have your route set up, push the left soft key to bring up the map, which should also have the first direction at the bottom of the screen. Then hit the right soft key to bring up the menu and choose Center on GPS. Then, as you're driving, the GPS will track you, telling you how far you have to the next step, and then switch to the next step in the directions as you do. I've noticed that if you go off-route, it will also ask you if you want to re-route from your current GPS-tracked location.

You are right about the lack of voice-announced turn-by-turn directions, though.