Garmin Mobile XT with Napoleon

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by dkim36, Feb 24, 2009.

1. dkim36

dkim36 New Member

Garmin Mobile XT with Napoleon

Hi, has anyone able to use Garmin Mobile XT on Napoleon? I was not able to get it to work. It does not have the setting where I can change it to intermediate driver.

Also, when I start my garmin xt, it keeps searching for my bluetooth receiver and never seems to find it. I have garmin 10 bluetooth receiver. Anyways, I'd prefer garmin xt to use the intermediate driver since my napoleon gps is unlocked.

Any suggestions?
  2. occfan

occfan New Member

how do you unlock your gps ?? i have a golf gps (freecaddie) installed but it never connects and brings up the yards from green for me ?? i thought the gps came unlocked on the nap???
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

the nap gps does not come unlocked
  4. dkim36

dkim36 New Member

Garmin XT Bundle

Here's what I've learned as I played with it. With Garmin 10 and garmin xt bundle, basically the unit id has to be the same for all the software, unit and etc. If you have a different unit, it will not work because the unit id does not match the map software. The bluetooth receiver will have to manually connect via bluetooth by using the manager on your phone and passcode is 1234. Then you can load up garmin xt. One thing i don't like about it is that it does not automatically connects for me when I turn on the bluetooth receiver. It won't do that like some other bluetooth hand-free device.

To use the internal gps on napoleon, you need to get the garmin xt and maps that comes in a sd card. that has the options of using internal driver. one thing that sucks about it is that you can not bring these garmin files into your bigger or personal sd card. I just hate to keep changing cards just for using garmin xt.

anyways, this is all i know. Hope this helps. Other than that, if you guys have other ideas about this, please bring them up.