[GAME] Shelter - A Zombie Card Duelling Game - Available Now

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Apps and Games' started by SurvivalistGames, Feb 27, 2013.

1. SurvivalistGames

SurvivalistGames New Member

[​IMG]

Download

Shelter on the Windows Phone Marketplace

Shelter Free on the Windows Phone Marketplace

Trailer

Overview

Shelter is an exciting new zombie card game for Windows Phone 7.1 and above.

Playing like a hybrid of a collectible card game and the castle defence genre, Shelter will provide you with hours of challenging play.

Defend yourself from the zombie onslaught as you fight to be reunited with the woman you love. You define your strategy, but be warned...

...You’ll need to adapt to survive.

Features

• Deep but accessible gameplay. Easy to learn. Hard to master.
    • More than 100 game cards.
    • Integrated deck builder for deeply customisable play.
    • Graphic novel & comic inspired hand drawn artwork.
    • Compelling story and characters.
    • 5 Campaign levels including a free roaming level.
    Screenshots

Screen_00_Splash.jpg Screen_01_Table_Out.jpg Screen_05_Sequence.jpg Screen_10_PlayerHand.jpg

Survivalist Games

Survivalist Games is a 1-man indie games developer based in Bristol, UK.

Founded in 2012 by games industry veteran Chris Roberts, the Survivalist Games mission is to create games with the depth and quality not normally associated with individual devs.

Chris worked for more than 4 years as an artist and environment lead on core games titles, and is also a skilled programmer and designer.
  2. SurvivalistGames

Patch 1.0.3.1 for Shelter has just been released on the Windows Phone Marketplace.

This patch features the following changes:

• FIX: Cards with the symbiote trait no longer causes a crash when the host is killed.
      • This was a game-breaker caused by a fix to a different card bug before release that meant the symbiote was accidentally being killed twice. Unfortunately, after fixing the previous bug, I did not catch the knock on effect this had on symbiotes.
    • FIX: Player can no longer use the back button to break the reward counter when receiving card rewards after a duel.
      • Using the back button when recieving rewards used to kill the card popup showing the player what they had received and allowing them to choose another reward. As this also threw the counter off, the player could then stock up on as many rewards as they liked.
    • FEATURE: Double-tapping during a comic sequence or tutorial now fast forwards. Repeat to switch back to normal speed.
      • The tutorials especially can be quite long, so it seemed sensible to allow the player to skip through sections to the relevant information.
    I hope these changes improve everyone’s enjoyment of the game. If anybody wants to suggest a feature or point out something they think isn’t working as intended then please contact me via support@survivalistgames.co.uk or post a reply here.
  3. SurvivalistGames

Shelter Free is now available!

Shelter Free is an ad-supported version of Shelter. The game contains all of the features of the paid Shelter game (a small number of the planned future features for the game may require that you purchase the paid version, but this has not been finalised yet).

I will also be adding cloud saves in the future to smooth the transition from free to paid for those that want to make the change (in-app purchases are not available for WP7 so this is the best solution I can find that supports Windows Phone 7 gamers).

You can access the game here:

Shelter Free on the Windows Phone Marketplace

I hope you all enjoy!