Fusion Voicemail Plus - Any reviews?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by johnbrain, Sep 14, 2009.

1. johnbrain

johnbrain New Member

Fusion Voicemail Plus - Any reviews?

Did a search but didn't find much.

Has anyone here used Fusion Voicemail Plus 2.0? I just got an email about it through Bing Mobile. Is it worth trying for VZW? I like the concept of visual vm but do I want it being forwarded elsewhere?

Pros? Cons?
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

3. johnbrain

johnbrain New Member

Got it to work .When I first ran it I could only see 'Cancel' not OK but tried the right softkey anyways. Not sure why it didn't show up. Maybe bc I'm not on pro?

Will report back as I gain experience. I like that VM comes as data. Saves me my minutes.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Ok...checked it out! It does run good on my Saga. Also note I've never tried any voicemail apps before.

Needed for this to work is SMS (sends one per VM) and Call Forwarding (will forward to their call server on every missed call/ignored call). I have unlimited sms and call forwarding is free so i was good their!

I haven't tested the so called true callerID much yet except my office line which only showed the number..no name.

It was a kinda tough to find all the needed info to get it set up. Just downloading the app was pretty minor! The app did fire right up when I figured out how to sign-up and it sent me a test voicemail and fax...cool.

The fax opened right up in file viewer and looked sweet. Had lots of options to rotate/zoom/etc....

Here comes the bummer part...
    The voicemails do come right in and when played are opened up in Media Player for easy pause/fwd/rev and sounded good. Voice to Text on the other hand is not free. Not sure why I thought they would be! Here's their prices and the scoop:

We just released Voice to Text options for our Fusion Voicemail Plus users. Please log into your web account and click on Manage My Account -> My Rate Plan -> Add/Remove features and provide credit card information since this will be a paying feature. Than choose the Voice to Text package you want to sign up for. Note, when adding a credit card, PhoneFusion will put an authorization hold of $2.50 on your card.

Voice-to-Text [VTT] Voicemail Transcriptions
    When you receive a voicemail, PhoneFusion can transcribe the voicemails received. Transcriptions are fully automated so they may contain mistakes. You can retrieve the transcription in 3 ways. Directly from your FVM+ application on the phone - select to read the transcribed message by using the Tap and Hold feature. You will see the option to ‘Read’ the voicemail. You can ask the system to email you the transcribed message to the email address provided online for your voicemail to email settings or by logging into your FVM+ online account.

PhoneFusion offers 3 VTT plans.

~Voice-to-Text Preview Plan at $3.99 per month
    Maximum transcription length is 15 seconds per message for up to 30 messages per month. Additional messages will be billed at $0.25 each.

~Voice-to-Text 60 Plan at $5.99 per month
    Maximum transcription length is 1 minute per message for up to 60 messages per month. Additional messages will be billed at $0.25 each.

~Voice-to-Text 160 Plan at $16.99 per month
    Maximum transcription length is 2 minutes per message for up to 160 messages per month. Additional messages will be billed at $0.25 each.

Additional VTT Features included in all VTT packages:
    After you have enabled Voice-to-Text Transcriptions, you can go online and enable or disable these additional features as wanted.

~Send my Voicemail Messages Immediately
    Don't wait for Voice-to-Text processing to complete, I want to receive my Voicemail message notifications immediately. If this is unchecked, the system will wait a period of time for transcription processing to occur before sending any Voicemail notifications.

~ I prefer to receive the TEXT of my messages only, when available
    When Voice-To-Text information is available, enable this feature and the system will send the transcribed voicemail message to the email addresses provided in my voicemail-to-email settings. ** Please remember to program an email address online to receive the transcribed message. The full text of the message will be sent in the body of the email. Your original audio Voicemail message will still be available in your Inbox if you should need to listen to it. If you have enabled 'SEND my Voicemail Message Immediately', you will get 2 email notifications [one with the transcribed message and another email with a copy of the voicemail message received].

~SMS Notification
    You can have the TEXT of your Voicemail messages sent as SMS message(s) to your mobile telephones. You may receive more than one message per voicemail, as the length of the message may exceed the SMS message size limits. You can set a maximum number of SMS messages you receive per Voicemail.
  5. johnbrain

johnbrain New Member

P.S. is there any 'penalty' for forwarding to a different # than my VZW voice mail box?

I mean penalty in terms of does it use more minutes or anything? Does a call to my vzw inbox use my minutes? how does that work?
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

the site someplace said you can forward up to 5 numbers to their servers...and yes all airtime still applies.
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thats really no different than youmail.com (costs for voice to text)

-Sent from my Q9n
  8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yeah...always wanted to try youmail but this handy(er)!!

btw...i paid them $3 to try the voice to text and it works pretty great!
  9. johnbrain

johnbrain New Member

What are standard airtime rules for VZW using their voice mail? I have never asked. If I get a 3 minute voice mail plus my greeting does that use approx. 4 minutes?

Not a big deal. I've just never thought about it.
  10. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

not the voicemail time i wouldn't think. probably just the time of it ringing through your phone and then until the fusion server answers would be my guess.
  11. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I wanted to try this out when I got the email from MS. But as scott pointed it out, it doesn't look to be much different from youmail that I already have set up. So I'd rather not go through another set up. Thanks for the review TF.
  12. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

I tried it on my Saga and it kept telling me I had a invalid phone number or something stupid like that.
  13. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

for sure you have to sign up via their site...jump through all the hoops...and forward your number before it works. also all the settings within the app like sync/activate FVM+/Configure Accounts are more for if you change phones and want to re-upload all your saved vm's. everything worked for me without touching these...although i did touch! and got the same result until i did the hoop jumping....
  14. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

too much hoop jumping....
  15. johnbrain

johnbrain New Member

I didn't need to sign up online but agreed there are some hoops and poor instructions. I guess for free that is the expectation. Not MY expetation but theres.

Easily able to config and record my own greeting. Online you can even upload sound files for recorded greetings.

I think uptake will be slow because people will install it, find it hard to use the first time, and bail.
  16. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

the only difference i see is that youmail (which i use) lacks a winmo client; fusion has a winmo client ... which is tempting me to give this a try
  17. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

works great...makes me wonder i didn't try a visual app a long time ago!
  18. johnbrain

johnbrain New Member

I've been very happy. My only dislike is the 'alert' isn't great so sometimes I check to make sure I have any new VM'S. Very pleased though.
  19. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

from the initial testing days i enabled the sms forward and email forward so i'm alerted for every vm a little too much! still trying to decide which option to stick with...
  20. johnbrain

johnbrain New Member

Hmm

Odd. So I went to use FVM a couple days ago whenI got it and it did an upgrade. No problem. I got a call this morning that went straight to my regular VZW VM. I thought it was weird so I re-did "Activate FVM+" which used *72, not *71 as the default.

Unfortunately all my VM's went straight to VM as a result. Fortunately I'm pretty smart, figured it out, went into my call log an realized *71 is the proper forwarding # for missed/ignore call. In fact, when I first set up FVM+ the activate setting used *71555#### to properly forward my missed calls.

I wonder if there's a mistake in the update.