functionality problems

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by hypothesis, Dec 24, 2007.

1. hypothesis

hypothesis New Member

functionality problems

a few months ago I upgraded from a Motorola Q to a Q9m....
    The other day my 9m was dying so I used my old Motorola Q charger to charge the phone (I kept it around as an extra).
    A message came up on my phone saying that a charger not supported by Motorola was detected and it could ruin my phone...
    since this happened - my phone has been extremely sluggish...taking up to 30 seconds to a minute to open the contacts or start menu, closing programs, etc.
    I waited it out a day to see if it would cease, but I haven't had much luck.

What could be the problem? Is there any way to fix this? The phone is relatively new (2 months) and I cannot foresee buying a new one at this time.
  2. mrdrago

mrdrago New Member

Coincidentally this morning I unplugged my phone from an old Q charger and got the same message. Strange as I thought it was the same charger, but apparently not. My phone is working fine afterwards. It sounds like you need to kill some programs that might be running in the background. Have you checked your memory usage?

Mark
  3. hypothesis

hypothesis New Member

Hi Mark
    Thanks for the response.
    Actually, I don't have any extra programs on my Q and I stopped every program that was running in the background.
    It seems as though my battery is dying quicker than usual (it's almost dead today and I haven't even used the phone).
    I'm not sure what the problem could be -- maybe the old charger messed up the battery? That would be better news than a messed up phone.
    Do you have any other ideas?
  4. mrdrago

mrdrago New Member

You might try turning bluetooth off when not using it. If your bluetooth is on all the time that can drain the battery.

Thanks,

Mark
  5. hypothesis

hypothesis New Member

hi Mark
    I actually do not use the bluetooth - so nothing is on...
    I suppose the problem might be the battery - I guess the charger may have ruined it....