Full YouTube access on the Q ; It works

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by ermax, Aug 7, 2007.

1. kbearmoney

kbearmoney New Member

YouTube audio but no video

I installed everything w/ no problems. Went to youtube, clicked on a video and got an Error saying:

Player: Video codec (FLV1) not supported by the player

I hit ok, and it takes me to TCPMP, I hit ok again, and the audio starts w/ no picture. What's going on?

2. Hey I'm new to the forum and just did the install yesterday.. Did you remember to to a hard restart meaning take the batt out and re install.. I know I forgot at first and hard to go back to the directions :laugh2:

Hope that helps
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thats one way to do a soft reset...

a hard reset=master reset...:wink:
  4. kbearmoney

kbearmoney New Member

I followed the directions twice, both times taking the battery out. I got the same error:

Player: Video codec (FLV1) not supported by the player

Has no other Sprint carrier got this message?
  5. Hellu

Hellu New Member

I Havn't

I have sprint and don't get this message, but it also doesn't work flawlessly for me, half the videos work, the other half freeze PIE for like 20 seconds and doesn't do anything.
  6. kbearmoney

kbearmoney New Member

Did u take the battery out or did u do a master reset?
  7. Hellu

Hellu New Member

First I uninstalled my previous version of TCMP, then I installed the version of TCMP posted, then the flashvideo cab and did a soft reset. After that it has worked as I described above, not perfectly but somewhat functioning.
  8. batsofchaos

batsofchaos New Member

Hiya,

I just got a new Q and set it up today. I followed the directions for installation and I'm getting the same problem as Hellu where IE freezes for twenty seconds and then doesn't load the video, only none of them work for me. When I first set it up (I downloaded the player and plug-in and then pulled the battery out and restarted) it worked fine for two videos and then stopped working properly on everything else. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm on Sprint if that matters.
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

followed directions had some issues so made sure that i did it right. Seems to work for the moment.

BTW adorable little guy! in the video
  10. hebert33

hebert33 New Member

Install worked but video won't play?

Motorola Q on Verizon - I got all the files to install correctly and I can browse using IE to the YouTube page and even bring up the list of videos. However, when I click on a video, my IE 'locks up'. If the page actually loads, it's just white.

Home screeen says Ev.

Thoughts?
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

did you do a soft reset after install the files?
  12. hebert33

hebert33 New Member

Yes. I should have mentioned that too.

Yes, I took out the battery and re-booted my Q.

Frustrating...I feel like I'm so close.....
  13. hebert33

hebert33 New Member

Should it launch TCPMP

When I click on a video, is my Q supposed to launch TCPMP to play the video? Sorry - somewhat of a newbie....
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

What worked for me is when I followed the steps again and even re-installing the .cab files. Not re-download just opened the files again.

I also had some programs that were cluttering up my Q so I un-installed what was taking up space for no reason and the program runs better. I do have the programs stored on the Q not the storage card.

cheri
  15. hebert33

hebert33 New Member

Worked!

Uninstalled programs - re-downloaded and installed - soft reset and worked this time!

Thanks to everyone!!!

-Clay
  16. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

good news! ERMAX ARE YOU THERE?

Hey Hey. I'n previous posts i have not had much luck getting you tube to play vids with out constant pauses on my verizon q. ERMAX encouranged me by suggesting it ight be a coverage issue in my area. He was right. I live in San francisco which is a small city only 7 miles in any direction. My Q would not play within a mile radius of my home. I took it for a "ride" and got AWESOME :tounge:you tube streaming in most parts of the city, but in some parts it won't play.

I'm still waiting to hear back about MORE Q FUN apps! Let me know what other exiticng things we can do with our q's. I' start a new post for this.

I am delightled to see You tube on my Q. It great to be ridining in the care and let my son watch his favorite insect videos on you tube in the car!:laugh2:

I only wish there was a way to get better coverage and a little faster web surfing on my q. I still have 8 month on verizon contract. Any ways to do this woudl be appreciated. Thanks
  17. antharr

antharr New Member

Ok guys, maybe this work for you too. PIE would freeze for a few seconds after clicking on a video but I solved my problem by selecting all the video associations in the TCMP settings. I also open TCMP before clicking on a video. Youtube works like a charm now. Hope this helps.
  18. batsofchaos

batsofchaos New Member

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything and I've tried associating all video types like antharr suggested, but it's still not working. Is there something I'm missing?
  19. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

"how" did you selecting all the video associations in the TCMP settings?
  20. Bodog7

Bodog7 New Member

Hey,

I've been getting a few error messages on youtube. it says 'error "video not available (may have been removed)."' i checked on my pc and there is definitely a video there. Some of these may have been mature content-not sure if that makes a difference-it shouldn't-but regular stuff plays fine!

any ideas?