Full YouTube access on the Q ; It works

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by ermax, Aug 7, 2007.

1. fareal

fareal New Member

it works and it looks and sounds great, thanks!
  2. binder

binder New Member

ya, it works, but only when connected to my computer for my DSL connection...works great actually.

not connected and i'm running the 1x network, TCPMP won't even open when i click on videos. i figured it would open but be slow, it won't even open.
  3. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I have the same problem at home but I'm sure you'll find that it works well on the road in an EVDO area.

I rarely do browsing or streaming at home when I have my computer. But the sync'd USB soution is great for test new installs.

Thanks,
  4. packpackard11

packpackard11 New Member

Thanks...works great now./../.
    :2cool:
  5. miro

miro New Member

Is there a "please don't drain my battery dry in 15 minutes streaming videos" checkbox somewhere? :laugh2:

All joking aside, I lost a bar just watching a music video.. am I doing something wrong? I went through the skweezer link...?
  6. IDontKnowOfficer?

IDontKnowOfficer? New Member

Will this work with Core Media Player instead of the generic version, TCMCP? I have Core Media Player and no avail? Has anyone got this to work with Core?

Thanks,
    -Officer
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

as far as i know it's the same thing... TCPMP = The Core Pocket Media Player, or did i miss something, i use TCPMP and it works. hope this answers your question..
  8. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I think you need that RC1 version........there are others versions out there.
  9. ermax

ermax New Member

I think Core Player is a fork of TCPMP. I don't think the YouTube stuff will work with Core Player but seeing how CP uses the same code base, I bet they could easily port it over. I will look into it.
  10. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

If anyone has success witht is let me know because the current solution i have used posted by er max is not working well on my q
  11. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I think you'll have an easier solution by using the current proposed solution (RC1 version) than trying to adapt something not presently working. If you had core player and then tried putting TCMMP RC1 on the 2 might be conflicting. I would uninstall (you can always reinstall) Core Player and put the recomended version on then the flash player plug in and it should work. It is for most others.

Or you can patiently wait for someone to port over the other version. Good luck with what ever you chose. Hope you get your streaming.
  12. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

THANKS for the reply. I will uninstall core player and flash bundle previously posted. So where are the instructions to get current proposed solution RC1?

are we still waiting for those new installion files or is this what your suggesting:
    Step1: Install TCPMP 0.72RC1. To do this run Pocket Internet Explorer on your phone and type this url: http://tinyurl.com/wafj8. When prompted to download click Yes. When prompted to install click "Install". At the end of the install it will give you a message about the program being made for an older version of WM. Don't be alarmed, it will work fine.

Step2: Install the YouTube plugins for TCPMP and Pocket IE. To do this just run Pocket Internet Explorer on your phone and type this url: http://tinyurl.com/36ntkl. Answer all the prompts the same way you did in Step1.

Step3: Reset the phone by pulling the battery and then plugging it back in.?

later: during uninstall of prev tcpmp somthing went wrong and i had no choice but to do a master reset. (grrrrr) completed steps 1 and 2 above and launched you tube. per haps i misunderstood IS RC1 the problem? Are we aiting for another version of tcpmp?
  13. ermax

ermax New Member

My directions and link points to TCPMP 0.72RC1. This is the version you want. Older versions don't work. I never posted links to any thing other then .72RC1. I doubt anyone will ever port this plugin to work with Core Player because Core Player is based on TCPMP which is free and works fine. I think your problems are do to lack of bandwidth. You say the search at YouTube takes 2 mins. The directions I posted should have no effect on how long PocketIE takes to do a YouTube search. It takes me about 17secs to do a search. This basically proves you have a bandwidth problem. Run the task manager and see what other things are open that may hog bandwidth. The only other thing I can think of is VZW has massive problems in SF.

My only suggestion is to switch to Sprint.com/SERO for better service and cut your bill in half at the same time. :)
  14. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

after all this there is still no change in the video problem. The vid won't play for more tha 2 seconds with out freezing up with colorblock windows box

THIS SUCKKKKKKKKSSSS .booooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooo
  15. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

well if your link:for TCPMP 0.72RC1. is http://tinyurl.com/wafj8.
    then i just wasted a whole lot of time, but thank you anyway. MAny here have verizon and say they get it to work fine so i doubt that sprint would mak a difference but ya never know. this app is very hit and miss and seem to work for some but not everyone i guess. hmm.
  16. ermax

ermax New Member

People are having problems installing. The people getting past the install but still have problems are typically no on EvDO networks. You are on an EvDO network in SF but man it must one slow connection. I am not saying Verizon as a whole isn't fast enough for YouTube, I am just saying VZW in your location must be very bad. That or your phone has a problem.

There have been surveys at DSL reports that show that Sprint's Ev net is drastically faster then VZW's. I personally have Alltel which has a roaming contract with Sprint. My market doesn't have Ev from Alltel so I roam on Sprint and can say it runs very well.

FYI, the SERO deal will get you Unlimited Data, Unlimited Text, Unlimited M2M and 1250 anytime mins for 49.99. And a Q is $99 with a two year contract, and no mail in rebates to mess with. I wish I knew about it sooner. :)

Do you have your phone and computer setup to tether? If so you should tether it and then goto speedtest.net and see what you get. If it is bellow 200kpbs, I would call VZW and bitch.

I am sorry to dangle something so cool in your face and have it not work for you. :( I know how you feel because I was stuck on 1X and not being able to take advantage of all the fun stuff for about 2 months. I finally figured out how to load a PRL on the Q to let me roam Sprint. :) Now I can play with all the fun stuff.
  17. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

you're one nice guy ; ) Thank you for the advice and i'm all for going through what ever it takes to get the FUN STUFF on my q before i buy another one. Can not use a verizon phone with sprint ya know. Currently I do not have my pc an Q set up to tether. Is there a thread on how to do this? thanks
  18. Klaus

Klaus New Member

Got it to work - thanks for the walk through.

I however have no audio in TMP. Any ideas? This goes for all videos, even ones I have on my storage card. They play great but no audio.
  19. You are the MAN Much respect!!!!!
  20. ranchosteve

ranchosteve New Member

This is great< but I have only gotton one video to play.+:frown: