Full YouTube access on the Q ; It works

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by ermax, Aug 7, 2007.

1. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

succesfull flash cab installation BUT NO VIDEOS

I just found that rude boy has stored the flash cab file on his site:
    [removed link]
    I fianlly got the flash cab to install, did a hard reset by removing the battery
    (see i'm a good girl = ) and went to www.youtube.com on my phone
    able to open the you tube website but Video's are NOT playing. Just freezes when i click on video to play:angry: after about 2 minutes the tcpmp player pops up with nothing on it. DO I need to adjust the palyer settings?

A Lot of trouble so far.. no other verizon users having this problem hey?
  2. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

TCPMP player opens but only to a black screen

Thank you so much for the cab file.
    got everything installed on my q
    I get to www.youtube.com
    choose s video, after about 2 min the TCPMP player opens but only to a black screen DO i need to adjust my setting or anything to get teh vid to play? I have a verizon phone. thanks
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

just a thought...i noticed that the vids dont play...you have to hit the 'play' button under the left soft key
  4. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

thanks fo your reply I tried that but it doesn't help. i hit the play and nothing jsut a little whit pixel on a black screen that never opens .. what speed do you have your player set at?

You mentioned your a verizon user : You tube navigation takes at least 2 to minutes to perform video search and even longer after you hit the play button to open the TCPMP PLAYER I think my browser is slower that a snail. :frown:
  5. n99hockey

really?
    i hit the play button and it just started...took maybe 10-15 seconds to load up a page...not sure why its so different...
    under the right softkey and speed it says 100%...if thats what you mean
  6. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

no luck with the playa

hmm..maybe i have to many apps on my phone? I have mobi tv and a gps software too. I shure hope somebody can help me find the problem cause i'm a you tube freak, may have to end up with an iphone if i can't get this workin.

if you get a chance check out this vid:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=FArZxLj6DLk
  7. n99hockey

i doubt its the amount of apps...i think i have close to 45 apps on my phone (not all running at the same time)
    it would be an awful shame to spend 600 bucks on a phone just to get youtube...but to each there own
  8. ermax

ermax New Member

9. ermax

ermax New Member

It only takes about 17secs to do a search on mine. You must be running 1X or something. Do you have a 1X or Ev icon at the top of your home screen?
  10. ermax

ermax New Member

Cool so it is working then.. just real slow. hahaha! If you look closely (with a desktop computer) at the first frame of the video you posted the link to, it has a white dot at the top left of the screen. Is this the video you where trying to watch on the Q?

YouTube is never going to run well if you aren't running EvDO.

You are probably running 1X which runs 144Kbps but averages about 80Kbps. EvDO runs 2.4Mbps and averages around 800Kbps. 800Kbps is more then enough speed for YouTube but 80kbps isn't even close.
  11. iannuzzi4

iannuzzi4 New Member

Im still having trouble...

Anyone have any answers for me? I still can't install the second step, and now when I go to the website it says that the URL is removed. I don't have access to a PC to do it from there, so I need it all done on my Q.

Thanks guys!
  12. ermax

ermax New Member

Try this link for Step2:
    http://tinyurl.com/2wo6cq

Good luck.
  13. BigTK

BigTK New Member

I have tried all three of the links to the flash player and they all show the cab as a text file. I will try to get it from the PC when I get a chance.

From T's Q
  14. theTechnician

theTechnician New Member

Hey guys i installed both TCPMP and Flash files sucessfully from the first page instructions to the Q phone and it synced fine down
    loaded thru PIE...I have Sprint btw...Youtube was working fine at first but now some vids say 'not available' wtf? and some do work...yes TCPMP has o buffer the vid once then the second time it will not lag or stall that is the nature of the player so patience helps...

Also the player has a store playlist feature which does not work there is no where to retrieve bookmarked video links..any ideas on this..

and when downloading vids from other sites using PIE it only stores to My documents but no option to the storage card?? am i missing a better Q download manager
  15. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

not worth the trouble to set up youtube on the q

I spent 4 hours on this today and finally got to see a few seconds of video
    The tcpmp is sooooo slow on my Q and i cant even hear the audio its so choppy. :angry:

The mod is interesting but the perfomance is terrible. I must say a Huge thanks to all of you who helped me out though, you guys are terrific.
    Thanks to
    n99hockey
    Timtim
    Rudeboy and a HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE thank you to ERMAX!!! :2cool:
  16. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

It took me awhile to get step 2 to work (kept loading as a webpage) but I finally downloaded it onto my laptop and then transferred it to my Q. Now it works great. This is fantastic thank you to all!!

I love being able to do anything an Iphone can on my Q i got for $50!
  17. packpackard11

packpackard11 New Member

error

When i dl'd the flashvideobundle.cab and put on my storage card and tried to install it, i got an error that said Installation was unsuccessful.....its the right size i think...645.5K, but still errors....any other ways to install it?
  18. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

What carrier do you have?
    Wish i could say the same. it perfoms slowly and choppy, problems with audio, takes way too long to run.:embarassed:
  19. kscwv

kscwv New Member

im on sprint and it works about half the time. i believe its due to 1x though but some videos just dont do anything. have better luck opening tcpmp first before selecting videos. i also tested storage vs. device and it works faster for me if installed on the device. its the only program on there so space isnt a problem.
  20. ermax

ermax New Member

And much much more.. and much much faster. Also the iPhone can only play YouTube videos that are available at m.youtube.com which is very limited and are trancoded to a much lower bitrate (look like crap). The video's I posted of my son saying "mama" for the first time will never be viewable on an iPhone. And to top it of the silly iPhone can only play YouTube videos smoothly when running WiFi. EDGE is SSLLLOOOWWWW!