Full YouTube access on the Q ; It works

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by ermax, Aug 7, 2007.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

did you get the updated files per the first post?
    are you running wm6 or wm6.1?
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

wm6.1 will require a different tcpmp file I believe so if you did download from the first post you have the correct files. I'd re-read!
  3. thestutes

thestutes New Member

I am running wm6 right now. Yes I did get the updated files. I did see the thread were someone stated that you have to veiw youtube.com in the classic view. Why?
    Right now my phone wont connect to the internet. Its giving me a prompt (ERROR The remote party has ended this connection). I assume ATT&T is having connectivity problems. It happens. But how will I be able to go to different websites similar to youtube.com because there are tons of other websites that are similar. When youtube.com didn't work I tried browsing other sites with no luck of any streaming video. I assumed this thread woudl work for any type of streaming video similar to youtube.com...was I mistaken?
  4. sherri

sherri Active Member

Yes. This "fix" allows you to see "flash" type videos in PIE. When it downloads, it will add a few video sites to your start menu (including some "adult" sites). You still won't be able to get into YouTube from other browsers (except Skyfire if you have it.) And yes, you should go to the YouTube site in "full" mode, not mobile. Mobile doesn't have as big a selection.

Hope this helps!
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

also make sure you reboot after you install the flash files and TCPMP and not you dont need to upgrade to WM6.1 to see youtube (unless of course your carrier is allowing you to upgrade and well you want to upgrade)
  6. thestutes

thestutes New Member

I do know what you talking about. I tried doing this about 2months ago and then I ended up with an extra opera icon that was a bunch of adult websites....but at the time streaming video didn't work either so I just uninstalled and deleted everything. I am assuming that PIE means pocket internet explorer right? This whole thing has been really aggravating that I can't figure this out. I have followed directions step by step everytime and still nothing works. I don't get it. :angry:
  7. thestutes

thestutes New Member

By the way I did some searching in other threads and saw that I needed to enabled flash in TCPMP. I did that and now for youtube.com it was coming up with youtube swf args not found. so i tried a similar webpage and it didnt even come up with that. weird...

8. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it in the 81 pages but Skyfire browser will play Youtube natively with sound. You can adjust the zoom level of the screen to match the size of the video. That might be a fix for those of you aced out with pie 6.1
  9. raymondjackso25

raymondjackso25 New Member

10. -Q-

-Q- New Member

its rather simple download opera mobile then buy it or whatever you want to do. then goto this address m.youtube.com it will play the videos thru your media player. been doing it since i had the q...almost a year now with no problems. or you can just download the new skyfire browser it works on that as well
  11. sherri

sherri Active Member

m.youtube.com is not the same as full youtube. There aren't as many choices. If you download Skyfire (which is free...) you can just enter the "regular" Youtbe address (http://www.youtube.com). This is the full, not mobile, version.
  12. -Q-

-Q- New Member

Your right it isnt the full site of youtube, but you get to watch the videos, you get to comment and post on all the videos. So in all pretty much boils down to the same thing, with a different look.
  13. Zinja

Zinja New Member

i've put forth a solid effort to search on this subject but couldn't locate anything on improving TCPMP playback so that video is not so choppy. can someone point me in the right direction?
  14. mxl180

mxl180 New Member

i'm getting an unexpected program error when trying to launch a video from youtube. I also get the same error if I launch TCPMP.

edit: nevermind I found the updated TCPMP for WM 6.1
  15. itz poly

itz poly New Member

Anyone have a clue where I can download the skyfire browser?
  16. sherri

sherri Active Member

Http://www.skyfire.com

Enter it in to the phones web address bar. Link comes up to download it to phone. Or you can go to the site from pc, register, and they send yo a link to download...
  17. Frankie

Frankie New Member

when i tried to go to youtube and watch a video it said SWF not found and i was unable too watch videos. any suggestions?
  18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

did you follow the first link to the updated files? are you using youtube standard and not mobile like the thread says? did you select the file associations like the thread says?
  19. Frankie

Frankie New Member

Hi Thanks i finally got it work. for some reason i think i entered the first link wrong so i came back and did it again and it worked. Thanks again
  20. deeboi

deeboi New Member

hangs

hello, i havent posted in here for a while but i still havent solved youtube problem.

i dl'd TCMP file a while back. but when i try to play a video about half way thru it stops with the windows circle icon spinning and just hangs.

any help for what i can do and if you call email or message me a fix...thx.

BTW. my TCPMP version is 0.72RC1