Full YouTube access on the Q ; It works

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by ermax, Aug 7, 2007.

1. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

Verizon Q = full access youtube tips not working

Hello, i'm new here verizon user and have read all the posts about getting full you tube on my q. I woudl appreciate any VERIZON useres confirming the above works.

I got this advice from another blog:For all you Tube-aholics, this is it! You now have direct, unfettered access to Youtube, Google Video & Veoh, in all their glory. Install the CABs listed below, go directly to these websites, and click on a video to play. That's it [​IMG]

If you follow the instructions exactly and use the preconfigured TCPMP settings, you should be able to play videos smoothly if your network connection is adequate.

Installation instructions:
    1) If you already have a version of TCPMP installed, uninstall it now.
    2) Install tcpmp.pocketpc.0.72RC1.cab: link here
    3) Install FlashVideoBundle.CAB attached below (this MUST be installed in the same location as TCPMP)
    4) Soft-reset

Supported sites:
    www.youtube.com
    video.google.com
    www.veoh.com
    www.mobetube.com

Caveats:
    Requires pocket IE. This plugin will not work with Opera, NetFront, Picsel, etc. However, it is compatible with PiePlus.

Tips:
    - Use MobileLeap or Skweezer to compress the content. These video sites use a lot of still video images which are a lot of content to download. I've found the following method works well for me. Goto www.skweezer.net, click settings, turn paging to "Off" and Save. Now try these links from your phone...

Youtube
    http://www.skweezer.net/s.aspx?q=www.youtube.com:angry:

I COPIED THESE FILES TO A STOTAGE CARD AND INSTALLED AS ADVISED ABOVE : THIS MESSUP MY Q BAD I Tried using File manager to DELETE THE TCMP FILES but a weird icon is still there in its place When I click ANY an icon in the start manager the menu doesn't let and click the menu buttion it the only optin is ADD SPEED DIAL.

I don't know how to fix this other than trying a complete master reset.
    Before i do , i would appreciate if a verizon user has had ANY success in getting the moto q with full stream on you tube.

Thank you all for your time and help.
  2. iannuzzi4

iannuzzi4 New Member

Thanks...however I was able to get it to download. I put in that page and it came to a download screen (like the first step)...but after I downloaded it, it says that installation was unsuccessful. If i can figure out a way to install, I should be all set.
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i have vzw and yes it works
  4. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

resolving the you tube issue

do you suggest i do a master reset to correct the menu problem (also IE wont connect says line is busy) and then proceed with User ERMAX's following:
    Step1: Install TCPMP 0.72RC1 To do this run Pocket Internet Explorer on your phone and type this url: http://tinyurl.com/wafj8. When prompted to download click Yes. When prompted to install click "Install". At the end of the install it will give you a message about the program being made for an older version of WM. Don't be alarmed, it will work fine.

Step2: Install the YouTube plugins for TCPMP and Pocket IE. To do this just run Pocket Internet Explorer on your phone and type this url: http://tinyurl.com/3xku4d. Follow answer all the prompts the same way you did in step one.

Step3: Reset the phone by pulling the battery and then plugging it back in.

Step4: Run Pocket IE and goto www.youtube.com and click on any video you want and watch it play.
  5. n99hockey

why dont you just try to uninstall the programs you installed (tcpmp and the flash software) and try it again...
    start--settings--remove programs
  6. iannuzzi4

iannuzzi4 New Member

I have Sprint so I don't know if that helps me as much. I do not have access to a PC to download any features onto, so I need to be able to do it all from my Q.

Does a master reset wipe out all contacts and calander events?
  7. ermax

ermax New Member

Just like in windows.. If you want to remove a program it is best to do it in Add/Remove programs and not simply delete the files. Click Start/Setting/Remove Programs then scroll down select the program you wish to remove. After you installed TCPMP and your phone started acting strange did you try soft reseting to see if it cleared up? When you say it messed your Q up bad, exactly how did it mess it up? TCPMP will hang from time to time but it is nothing to panic about, a simple reset fixes it.
  8. ermax

ermax New Member

Yes. It will leave your phone looking just like the day you got it.
  9. iannuzzi4

iannuzzi4 New Member

Oh well that sucks! No master reset for me
  10. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

yes i did that. I still have the same problems can't access internet and have the menu problem. I can't fix this
  11. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

you tube problems Error line busy

thank you so much for the reply I have also gone into start/settings and removed the TCPMP and FLash video cab files. The problems that occured were that my phone woudl not sync and i can't access webpages. I just get ERROR line busy. NOw all tof the files are deleted and I don't know how to proceed. ANy ideas?
  12. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

TO ERmax You tube instructions

I am periodically able to get past "line busy" byt not consistently so something is still wrong. However I have how gone to this link http://tinyurl.com/wafj8 and successfully downloaded the TCPMP file but step 2 is a problem : typed this url in my pocket explorer web browser : http://tinyurl.com/3xku4d. Just a bunch of symbols come up and there is nothing to download. from my desktop computer this web site works but not from my q web browser it just gives a page with loads of symbols please HELP:embarassed: Thanks
  13. timtlm

timtlm New Member

Installation Unsuccessful

I am also getting "Installation of FlashVideoBundle.cab was unsuccessful." I have reinstalled TCPMP for smartphone and reset, but still getting the same error. I am also a Sprint user. Any help is appreciated.
  14. ermax

ermax New Member

I am working on this problem (crazy symbols) now. I uploaded the file to my Comcast webspace but Comcast has the wrong MIME type for .cab files and pocketIE just treats the file as text. I will post a new link when I get it sorted out. In the mean time you could download the file with a computer and then plug the Q into your computer and copy the file over to the Q then launch the file with "File Manager" on the Q.
  15. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

cab files and line busy message

Ahh thanks :gasp:..can i copy the cab files from my computer onto a storage card then use file manager to install to my phone?

Any advice as to why i keep getting the "Line busy" error messages when i use active synce or pocket explorer or do i have to live with this problem?
  16. n99hockey

yes you can move it to the storage card and install from there

i have no idea why you are getting line busy. have you restarted the device at all...even after you removed the files?
  17. timtlm

timtlm New Member

Got the flash file to install after removing the file and then placing it back on the q and running it.
  18. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

unsuccessful instalation using storage card

FORGET that option it said INSTALLATION UNSUCCESSFUL using the storage card. I tried to use start/settings remove program but the cab file is not there. IS there any place i can get a cab file that works with verizon?

and yes i have restarted the phone after removing the previous files.
    Timtim..how did you removing the file and then place it back on the q if it didn't install?
  19. n99hockey

the cab file that was from that site originally listed works for verizon as i have verizon and it worked just fine for me
  20. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

unsuccessful installation

well, lucky YOU and poor me!
    Ermax quoted:
    I am working on this problem (crazy symbols) now. I uploaded the file to my Comcast webspace but Comcast has the wrong MIME type for .cab files and pocketIE just treats the file as text. I will post a new link when I get it sorted out. In the mean time you could download the file with a computer and then plug the Q into your computer and copy the file over to the Q then launch the file with "File Manager" on the Q.)

Which I did using my storage card but still get a INSTALLATION unsuccesful. =(