Full YouTube access on the Q ; It works

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by ermax, Aug 7, 2007.

1. DrQ

DrQ New Member

That was the recommendation on the other forum. I had the player on my card already so I thought I'd try the plug in and it didn't work so I uninstalled and then put them all on my device and it worked.

If it works off the card for you then my bad!! If someone has a proble then try the device.

All in all a great solution. I still want TV shows abc, cbs, etc. (with 70 channels I get on Slingplayer sometime I can't find a show to watch)

Spoiled am I? Love my Q
  2. goyleinlove

goyleinlove New Member

No worries Dr Q. Sorry if that came across wrong. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna do any damage storing it on the card. Thanks for the response.
  3. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Didn't take it wrong at all. Tough putting body language in writing. I haven't got all these LOL stuff done. Good question and good info.

When you get a chance could you check that veoh.com on ur Q and see if you get the same results.
  4. goyleinlove

goyleinlove New Member

I just ran four different videos from veoh .... same results. It did take a little long to load and to buffer, but it ran without incident.
  5. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I'll have to play with it and see why it kicking out of IE on me. Have you done any IE hack like the one that has it emulate the desktop browser?

Thanks for taking the time out to help.
  6. goyleinlove

goyleinlove New Member

I have done no IE hacks at all. Unfortunately, I don't know why it would boot you. Which of the TCPMP links did you use? The one supplied by ermax or the one linked later on?
  7. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Neither I used the one I've been using for months (rc1 version). Youtube plays fine but veoh.com just close IE. I'll figure it out. I's the site I don't even get to the point of browsing.
  8. goyleinlove

goyleinlove New Member

I see. Let me know if you get it figgered out.
  9. ermax

ermax New Member

10. mo_gott

mo_gott New Member

Hey this works great, but i have been playing with the settings and options specifically the buffer setting to get more playing time. Any ideas???? It plays but pauses alot to buffer.
  11. ermax

ermax New Member

I haven't had much of a problem with buffering. Some videos will rebuffer but most will play all the way through. Who is your provider? I am with Alltel running EvDO Rev0.
  12. mo_gott

mo_gott New Member

verizon and i am not in evdo area
  13. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I stream alot with Slingplayer but wouldn't bother in a 1x area. Way too slow. Some people say its OK but maybe they get a stronger signal than me. No problems on EV.

I use my PC at home and the Q on the road (EVDO)
  14. ermax

ermax New Member

1xRTT only runs 144kbps but averages about 80kbps
    EvDO (Rev0, all the Q can do) is 2.4Mbps and averages about 600-1200kbps for me.

As you can see, 80k isn't ever going to steam YouTube very well.

Where are you located?
  15. iannuzzi4

iannuzzi4 New Member

When I go to install the second part
    Step2: Install the YouTube plugins for TCPMP and Pocket IE. To do this just run Pocket Internet Explorer on your phone and type this url: http://tinyurl.com/3xku4d. Follow answer all the prompts the same way you did in step one.

It says that installation is unsuccessful! What do I do to get it to install??
  16. ermax

ermax New Member

Interesting.. to be honest, it didn't load mine this way. hahaha... thats right.. I made the directions and never tested them. Step2 installs a plugin for IE. Maybe it can't install because IE is in use. I will test it myself and see if I get the same error. The other option is to save the file from step2 to your phone, then close IE and execute the file using the file manager. I will check it out and get back.
  17. asian prince

asian prince New Member

you need to download the smartphone version of TCPMP
  18. iannuzzi4

iannuzzi4 New Member

If I go into the file manager and go to My documents. I can click on the "flashvideobundle.CAB" but if i click on it it just tells me that intallation was unsuccessful. Cant do anything otherwise.

I did notice that sometimes when I went to the link that it sent me to a page full of jiberish. I would do it another time and it would send me to the link to download the file. Is that URL 100% correct? Anyone else have that problem?
  19. jvmagic

jvmagic New Member

mobetube does not work

It states 'This file cannot be viewed on the device'.

I have a moto q.

thanks in advance.
  20. ermax

ermax New Member

The FlashBundle download was origonaly on a forum that required registration. I put a copy on my Comcast provided webspace. It looks like Comcast has the MIME type messed up so when you goto download the cab file it is viewing it as a webpage. I will look for somewhere else to host it.