From Storm to Saga

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by Not Storming, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Not Storming

Not Storming New Member

From Storm to Saga

I am currently a Storm user. I have run out of time and patience with the Storm. I'm considering switching to either the Saga or back to the Curve.

I'm not sure if I trust Blackberry and or Verizon any longer!

Any suggestion would be helpful in my decission.

Thank you,
    Hating the Storm
  2. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Welcome to the Eq. I've not used the Storm. But we've got some Storm users that just might chime in.

What specifically caused you patience to run out on the Storm??
  3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

If you like the aspect of having a full keyboard and a full touchscreen phone than the saga is def the way to go, i love my saga and would never get a blackberry im what you would call a "windows mobile fan boy" hate iphone and blackberry.
  4. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

"Fan Boy" funny movie :)

Yea, i've not used a BB, but i do love WinMo as well.
  5. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

on this subject i would have to give you my honest input and let you know that I Hate Blackberries...........,but i will take a nice pie every once in awhile
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

Q -> Storm convert here... have you visited my second home EB (everythingberry.com) to see if the issues you are having can be resolved ?

/me is still digging the Storm, a lot.

ps. welcome to EQ/EB.
  7. sherri

sherri Active Member

(Nice to see you are considering it your "second" home) ;)
  8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

rudeboy dont you miss your real keys? and windows mobile? any parts of your screen broke yet? i heard thats been happening to alot of blackberries parts of the screen break and people cant click on that part of the screen towards the corners.
  9. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Oh, he misses it...lol. He's still got his Q laying around. We all know he'll feel on it a little and reminisce about the good ole days. :p
  10. sherri

sherri Active Member

He actually exchanged it once, because of problems with the screen. He is also an IT guy, so playing with different OS is easy for him. But, like he suggested, did you go to EverythingBerry.com (http://www.everythingberry.com) and ask about your questions/problems?
  11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

haha yeah im sure he does too. Only thing i dont miss about my original Q is the battery dying every hour or so since it was o so old. Thought id never let go of that phone til i saw this SAGA which is the best phone i've seen in a while, i've already had a dozen people ask me in the 2 weeks i've had it what type of phone this is :)
  12. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I can certainly understand "hating" the storm. It isn't a device that I like at all and the whole screen pressing thing is decidedly weird to me. What however do you mean by no longer trusting them?

I have the Saga and love it and there are a number of threads about it's good points, advantages, etc., that should be readily visible in that forum listing.
  13. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yup bob is the one that convinced me to get the saga all his great posts about the phone made me only want it more after i heard about it from another user on the forums.
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

at this point.. what's my first home is the question :]

at times, yes i miss "real" keys.. overall no and very happy with the rocksolid BB OS.. (as sherri said, i exchanged it once and that was because the 4 real keys were loose..)

i've still got both my Q's (Q1 and Q9c) and do play with them from time to time... but i also have 2 StarTac's (thanks Scott) and also mess with them just for fun..
  15. Not Storming

Not Storming New Member

The Storm. I can say this, I really tried to overlook the issues and give BB and Verizon a chance and time to work out the OS issues. We are a small business and very involved in Bicycling. I'm not always in the office when my husband is out in the field. He would need something and I had to get back to the office for the PC, contacts, calendar and other.

I decided on the Storm for a couple of reasons. The size of the screen and the multitude of capabilities. I took one step at a time. Not trying to learn and use everything at once.

Long, Long, Long story short. I am now on my 4th Storm since December. The third one came with a corrupt file or something in it and deleted my Outlook on my desktop. The fourth one, I finally had to switch my main business mobile to my old spare GZone because I can't use the phone and receive e-mail at the same time. If an e-mail comes in and I'm on the phone it drops the call. Not to mention the business calls flat out missed because it failed to ring or vibrate. I downloaded music once and had to take it off. I wanted to be able to use documents to go and other business applications. All they did was bog the entire device down. I'm a pro at taking the back off and pulling the battery!

So, after a total melt down last week with Verizon I asked the rep on the phone and a local store Manager if I could PLEASE go back to a curve or another device. The phone tech said ok and the store mgr asked me to give it another week. I suspect he was hoping beyond hope that an updated OS would be released.

I gave it another week and I just can't take it any longer! I'm lugging around two devices so I don't miss business calls and e-mails while I'm out of the office.

So, I started comparing PDA Devices. I need a good solid device with an OS that is not loaded with bugs. I don't play games, don't watch movies, I take a picture once in a while. I saw that the Saga has Windows Mobile. I need either Wi-Fi and/or the ability to tether to my lap top.

All this and MUCH, MUCH more is why I have got to find a reliable device.

Any suggestions....
  16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Well for pictures, and to use wifi and tether a laptop to the internet connection on your phone the saga is def the way to go. I love the wifi on this phone and i love the ability to tether my laptop so that i can get the internet on the laptop from the phones connection vzw has it locked down to pay for but look into pdanet its a really good program and works very well worth the 20 or so bucks it costs. I've used it on my original Q and now on the saga and love it.
    The OS is very solid as well, its not all choppy and skippy like the storm is.
  17. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Well, you've been through some times all right. I have no earthly concept how a corrupt file on a phone could cause the deletion of an entire program on a PC, but......

Your needs are similar to mine with the exception of tethering. Haven't tried that yet. I use email (3 different acounts), phone, occassional texts, occassional surf, the very occassional picture, etc. I want a rock-solid device. I chose a Saga. I've been very happy with it. I occassionally play some games, like Sodoku, I don't give a flip about YouTube or watching movies, etc.

Given your stated needs, it might be a good option for you to look at. It has a very nice look and feel, with the extended battery, the balance in the hand is even better, the optical mouse is superb, etc. My Saga does WiFi with no problems, BlueTooth with no problem, etc.

Hope this helps.
  18. SDNick484

SDNick484 New Member

I have a Saga (personal) and a Curve (work), and if I were to only have one I'd go Saga all the way. I tried using my manager's Storm today, and while the screen is nice, I have to say typing on it is a pain; I know he's very disappointed with it although since it's a work phone he can't just flash one of the leaked updates which may fix some of his issues. I've had several other Blackberries (8830, 8130, 7250) as well as other smartphones (Q, Q9m), and while a BB rocks for heavy email users (I'd say a minimum of 60+ emails/day), I haven't been too impressed overall with them. For a personal phone, I think the Saga is great.
  19. Not Storming

Not Storming New Member

I went to the Verizon store today. They were very accommodating, I was quite shocked. No questions, no trying to convince them that I was a women on the edge regarding the Storm. I was given the option to switch to any device I chose! I went with the Saga. The rep assured me that the Saga OS and hardware are so much more reliable than the Storm. Now after four months of Storm related stress, I can look forward to the new Saga in my life! :thumbup:
  20. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Congrats. Glad it has worked oout for you so far.