From Q to Saga?

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by stryker412, Jan 15, 2009.

1. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

Rudeboy, do you know if the EQ store will start stocking Saga accessories?
  2. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I'm not Rudeboy and I don't know that answer, but I bought mine straight from Samsung's, they arrived in 1 day and everything was perfectly fine with them. I got the extended battary, the battery cover, the battery charging case and the home charger that also fits into the battery charging case. And since I have no problems with battery life and my usage, I almost never use them <G>, except for the extended battery which I use as the main battery for my Saga.

EQBob
  3. astrocramp

astrocramp New Member

Thanks! that's very helpful, turns out it doesn't work with the normal winmo clocks, just the samsung today one (or at least it didn't work with the few that i tried). I forgot about the functions activated with the little rotating circle thing when you held the cursor in one place - i haven't used that since my Samsung i730.
  4. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

I ordered my Saga today, hopefully it'll be here on Friday.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that's a question for Chris (our admin)
  6. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

My Saga actually is coming today (shipping was super fast). Today is going to be a long day. :)
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

good luck stryker..
  8. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Good luck...let us know if you need some setup assistance...maybe there's some help or shared knowledge.

EQBob
  9. sherri

sherri Active Member

EQBob, on the Saga, what program do you use for the calendar? I bought the one from SBSH for the Q. Also TCPMP, Facade....do these work with the Saga? Kind of hard, because it isn't in any of the stores.

Also, one program that I have on my Q is the DialPad banner. I know on the "newer" Q's this wasn't needed. How does the Saga handle this? (So you can dial 1-800-Flowers of "spell name by copmanty directory..."
  10. Geekster

Geekster New Member

+ 1
    Looking into this phone pretty hard. By mid-March the merger should be complete in my area so any & all info is appreciated.
  11. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Sorry for being late in answering. Spent the morning with my puppy at the vet. Poor thing is not feeling well at all. Good news is she will be fine.

But anyhow....

Calendar: I am on Exchange at work, so I use the normal built-in calendar that comes with WinMo. I don't know if any of the apps that feature calendaring functions work with Exchange.

TCMP: I did not get the latest freeware one 72R1 or whatever it was to work. I then bought CMP and it didn't work. In both cases, the media played as evidenced by sound coming through, but no display. I futzed (technical term) with setting in CMP and 372 pages deep in the options, found one to change the video "drawing" technique used. Changed it to Direct Draw, video popped up and all was well from then on. I did not go back to TCMP to see if the same option could be found and would work, since I already had bought CMP by then. Would suggest others try this and let us know.

Facade: Never used it. Never felt like I needed it. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing? Screen shots look like the information is horribly small. At least from the description on this site, it doesn't support 320x320 and doesn't say WinMoPro6.1 Says WinMo6 standard as the latest. Also, looks like many of the capabilities of this software are already present in the Samsung Today screen layout. Guessing based on looking at tiny font screen caps.

DialPad: Never used this software. However, the on-screen display of numbers in the dialing pad also displays the letters associated with those numbers. I could post a screen cap if I could remember what that free screen cap software was.

Maybe not very helpful responses, but you picked a bunch of programs I don't use <G> Sorry.

EQBob
  12. sherri

sherri Active Member

I only use facade because the homescreen that I use requires it. From the looks of the Saga, the hs is nice, so I wouldn't need it. Does the saga allow for "flash" video, or can Skyfire be used? I need it for some of my kids schools' websites. As long as the screen shows the associated letters with numbers, Dialpad would not be needed.

For the Q, Iliumsoft has the free screen capture software....don't know if this will work on the Saga, but I'd love some screenshots if you can!

Hope the puppy feels better! (What breed is she?):embarassed:
  13. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I haven't used Skyfire. I don't see why it wouldn't work as the other browsers do. Pretty sure PIE doesn't support Flash. It never did before, right? S'far as I know, Opera Mobile has supported flash since 8.6 something? My version that came installed was 9.5 build 2702. If you want to send a site to test, I can look for you.

Some screencaps. (Iliumsoft app worked fine. App1 is the left side mouse/nav switch key). Is there anything else you'd like to see?

Puppy is a Cardigan Corgi (The one with the tail--pembrokes are without). She's a brindle in coloring which is pretty rare.

EQBob

Attached Files:

14. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

Bob, how do I get the MAC address for the wifi card?

Edit: nevermind found it on PDAPhoneHome.com

15. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I was going to ask why you need it, but you must be doing MAC address filtering on your router, which isn't a bad thing at all! <G>

EDIT: That worked slicker than.....

EQBob
  16. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

I have 2 midis from my Q I wanted to add for text/e-mail tones, do you know where I can put them so they show up?
  17. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 New Member

A few stupid questions...

Anyone who can answer it'd be great:

Is there "Profile Settings" and where are they? (sorry, I've only used Standard)

Also, My screen goes completely black at times and I've set it to "wake up if you hit a key or the screen," but it does not wake up until I hit the "power" button. I assume that means it won't go on if my pockets are hitting the screen, so it might be better.

I'm sure there will be more, but any help would be great! It's going to take some getting used from Standard to Pro
  18. EQBob

EQBob New Member

to get sound files picked up for system events, put them in /Windows

to get sound files picked up for ringtones, put them in /My Documents/My Ringtones

I don't know if it does MIDI

EQBob
  19. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I've never seen anything that says "profile settings" Settings are individual under the main category, such as power, sounds, theme, today screen, etc.

For the power question, Start, Settings, Wake-Up Button,

Settings are Power Button Only or Any Button.

EQBob
  20. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

Bob, how do you add/remove programs from the favorites tab?