Fring on WM6.1

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by jhoff80, Aug 14, 2008.

1. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Fring on WM6.1

So I just decided to try Fring for Skype and a Gizmo SIP account on my WM6.1 Q9c. However, having it installed pretty much ruins the iconbar on my homescreen. As far as I can see, it hasn't changed the XML at all, but it covers up the iconbar regardless of whether its running or not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

I think I figured it out. Apparently, Fring changes the registry when installing. I had been using Rinku Iconbar, so it changes the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B06A8DAB-E148-40d5-BE8F-3C494ABF3046}\InProcServer32 key from iconbarplugin.dll to something else, so after changing it back, it should be fixed. (I'm backing up before I do it myself just in case.)

Edit: Yeah, that fixed it.
  3. crashdau

crashdau Member

jhoff80....do you have Rinku Iconbar running on WM6 or WM6.1 ? I like what it does for the Iconbar, but, I can't find anywhere where it says it works on wm6 or just wm6.1.
  4. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Sorry, I'm running 6.1. I think it should work on WM6 as well, but I don't know for sure. Why not make a backup and then try it out?
  5. crashdau

crashdau Member

I did try it and thought I would need to call the insurance team in for a replacement, but, was able to get back in. I tried to Iconbarplugin.dll update 2 and that is when my phone got stuck a WM splash screen.