Free wallpaper activsync

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by the, Mar 4, 2007.

1. the

the New Member

Free wallpaper activsync

I am attempting to use one of the free wallpapers. (just black) I have downloaded the zip file to pc and extracted. I can get activsync to move the zip file to applications/home, but I cannot get it to move the two component files to that location. Obviously I am ignorant to the proper method to accomplish this task. Help!
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

you shouldnt put the zip file in application/home..just the xml file and any jpeg images. extract the zip file to your desktop leaving the xml and image files there...copy them to the device using active sync and move them to the application/home folder. open up settings on your Q and go to home screens...scroll until you find the screen you just moved over
    hope this helps :smile:
  3. the

the New Member

Tried that

I initially did just that (ie copied to desktop, unzipped and then copied the two files and tried to paste to application/home file with activsync). The paste fuction was not available when I attempted to paste. I then tried copy/paste with entire zip file, just to see if that would work. It did but will not unzip on device(I understand that is not a possibity, but was just seeing if I could make the paste function work). Paste is grayd out when I attempt to move the unzipped jpeg and xml files from desktop unzipped file. I also tried unzipping to documants and coping but the same thing happens. Am I doing something wrong????
  4. n99hockey

im not sure why it would be grayed out...what is you just tried to drag and drop rather than copy paste. does that work?
  5. the

the New Member

I tried drop and drag too....no joy. The 0with the / stays and file will not drop.
  6. n99hockey

so your saying that your Q wont let you copy and type of file to any part of the Q?
  7. the

the New Member

I have loaded other software without difficulty. I deleted download and reloaded and extracted. It finally allowed me to drop and drag. ? maybe file was corrupted or something. Anyway, I finally got the wallpaper loaded. Thanks for your help and suggestions
  8. n99hockey

maybe there was a file problem...anyways glad you got it to work!
  9. ricktheham

ricktheham New Member

I'm glad you discoverd this solution:
    "have loaded other software without difficulty. I deleted prior download file and reloaded and extracted. It finally allowed me to drop and drag. ? maybe file was corrupted or something. Anyway, I finally got the wallpaper loaded. "

I've had the same snag as you: can't PASTE because it's inactive (grey option). I'll try a new download again, but already did once so I fear it's not the cause. Wonder if anyone ever figured this out??