Free some storage space??

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by thumperyz69, Dec 1, 2008.

1. thumperyz69

thumperyz69 New Member

I have tried this several times: same result "Installation of sktools5.cab was unsuccessful."
  2. sherri

sherri Active Member

Ooohhh....I fold! Sorry!
  3. thumperyz69

thumperyz69 New Member

Brand new storage card....I have tried to install it from the card, from \my documents and directly from the web site with the same result. Also I have "rebooted" the device several tiems this morning....I am at a loss....

Even running smsbubbles.cab fails in the *exact* same way.....
  4. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I thought you tried that earlier....
    My questions are & someone will have to jump in here to help, is:
    Would the HTC Unlock program help here at all?
    Can you use 2 unlock programs?
    What would happen if you did?
    Does it unlock something that AEConFig doesn't?
    I know I used both to get a program installed but I am on WM5

@ thumperyz69:
    & you did try doing it from the PC with an "exe" file?

AND something else I just thought of....does this need NetFrameWork to work even though it isn't yelling for it?
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

the one that i have that works is named
    SKToolss.cab
    there is no 5.
    ill post it later if need be or google that name exact. i works from my card. just did it.
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Ok, what are you hitting when the screens comes up asking where you want to install it?
    yes or no???
  7. tully2

tully2 New Member

Hard drives and memory cards are usually courteous enough to fail within the first year. If they make it thru the first year, they are likely to live many more years.

My only point there was that a badly formatted card could cause filespace errors like this. I'd immediately reformat if I had any doubts since later in time makes the job that much harder.

In Filemanager right after clicking on the file, do you then get the screen that allows you to choose between installing on the Device or the Storage Card? You may need to scroll to see it. Have you tried installing to the Storage Card instead of the default of Device?
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

can someone try this, pick any cab file you want. when the window comes up asking where you want it installed, click no.
    what comes up next???. isnt this what is happening here?
  9. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Tully2, what are you clicking when it asks where you want it installed?
  10. Boycan

Boycan New Member

That is the error I get but the only option I have is install (left key) and cancel (right key) maybe his soft keys have issues? To OP try choosing the opposite softkey at this point can't hurt :-/
  11. tully2

tully2 New Member

I hit the right arrow key on the D-pad if I want to install to the Storage Card instead of the Device.
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea, left or right key changes the install location..
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

then what do you hit next?
  14. tully2

tully2 New Member

Then my Left Soft Key displays Install and that is what I click. The Right Soft Key is Cancel. But I've just realized that this is the q9H forum and I have a q9C. There might be some difference that I know nothing about. Please forgive me. I was trying to use the New Posts feature and not being very successful with it from my phone.
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Dont know what to tell you, i just tried it and it works.
    after you hit install, what does the screen do?
  16. tully2

tully2 New Member

Then the install either succeeds or it fails. Before you find out, expect a progressbar or two. If successful, you may see a screen saying the app may not work because it was designed for an earlier version, but so far if I got that far, it was a successful install and I think I just click whatever soft key says OK or some such. Then I see a screen saying the install was successful and usually something about freeing up more filespace if needed, which appears to have no significance. I click OK to that which should end the install process. Then I hit the Home key if needed and then Start and start digging to find the new app icon that is hopefully there and click it to run it, usually without a restart. Any problems and I will retart and try Start again. That's about it.
  17. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Have you ever got any app to work?
  18. tully2

tully2 New Member

Dozens of apps I've installed have worked for me. I've uninstalled dozens too using Stsrt > Settings > Remove Programs because I decided they weren't worth keeping or I didn't like them. I know I've had a few problems during the last couple of months since I started playing with a q9c but none painful enough for me to even remember now. I always found answers either here, xda, modaco, or elsewhere that I found googling. The m$ processes to install and uninstall seem quite stable and I'd say that any problems you'd run into could be blamed quite fully on the app.
  19. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

No idea why. There maybe a pc install version on the SKTool site.
  20. tully2

tully2 New Member

Just remembered a problem that I still have. I've not yet been able to get Mundu Radio fully uninstalled. It said it was uninstalled when I ran Remove Programs yet it refuses to leave the list of installed programs in the Remove Programs list. I've removed all files and directories I could find associated with it and even keys and values with keywords "Mundu" from the registry but still it mocks me whenever I'm in Remove Programs.

So don't install Mundu Radio. Instead save *.PLS files for desired rsdio stations you can find by the bucket load at shoutcast.com and load these playlists in TCPMP for endless amounts of great music for free.