Free app Friday

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Noodlez, Oct 5, 2007.

1. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Scott,

Haha -- you read my post in the 4 second window that t was posted - before I edited it... You're quick...

It says that Fizz isn't compatible with the Q9c -- I'm getting it to try anyway...

Matt :)
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

haha sorry :laugh2:
  3. lexluthor

lexluthor New Member

If I want to install this one 2 devices, do I need to sign up with 2 different emails and get 2 copies/reg codes?
  4. as long as you have the same device id you should be fine, otherwise yes.
  5. lexluthor

lexluthor New Member

Unless I did something wrong, I also had to download 2 copies of the program.

1st copy I said I had Moto Q, 2nd copy I said I had a T-Mobile Dash. Downloaded both. Installed the T-Mobile Dash copy on the Q and I never got any serial # screen. I thought I was doing something wrong. I uninstalled, then reinstalled the Q copy on the Q and got the serial # screen.

Anyhow, I have 2 copies and 2 codes, so should be good.

Question, are there instructions on how I can integrate the fizzweather home screen into my home screen so that I can use my regular home screen but have the weather appear? Is that possible?
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

If you have Facade you can pick that plug-in...if not, here's the code:

<!-- Fizz Weather -->
    <plugin clsid="{30DF3430-2005-0509-BAA6-00AA003E0EED}" name="WeatherPlugin" height="54">
    <general sepline="false"/>
    </plugin>
  7. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

With Facade, Fizz Weather shows up as a plug-in when you go into Facade settings. Also, in Fizz Weather's Options menu, there's an option that lets you configure what info is shown when used on your home screen.
  8. lexluthor

lexluthor New Member

Figured that out on my own before I saw this. I was able to edit the .xml on my existing screen to make the section for "profile" a little smaller, I plugged this down towards the bottom and somehow everything just fit perfectly.

I now have this right at the bottom of the homescreen I had be using, with everything else a little more cramped to fix.

Thanks!
  9. grunt5811

grunt5811 New Member

can you download and install directly from phone? I dont have active sync at work and wont be home till after midnight. I can get all my email addresses on my phone so I can get the link but just dont about the install procedure.
  10. Its an exe file that you download.
    maybe you could download it, but can't install it?
  11. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

i cant see the program, says i need flash. Opera dont work either. Should be home in time..maybe :-/
  12. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Yeah the .exe file needs asctive sync in order to install Fizz onto their Qs, but they did give you the option to download the .cab file as well... I'm sure I remember seeing that grunt5811... :wink:
  13. grunt5811

grunt5811 New Member

Well since this is my first free app when I try to sign in it says it doesnt recognize my email/username. I got the email in my inbox...morons. I will wait a bit and try again.
  14. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Not sure what you're trying to say there grunt??

Who's the morons?? Handango for not recognizing your email username?
  15. grunt5811

grunt5811 New Member

The site, I added my email and password for the site to send me the link but when I try to login I get nothin. I have parused their site and decided to actually sign up for the site instead of the email for the app. I might be the moron :)
  16. Noodlez

Noodlez New Member

if I recall right after you get the email and it takes you to checkout you still need to use the guest stuff on the right side. as the member login just doesn't seem to do it for some reason. But maybe they have fixed that. (not got a free app in sometime)
  17. grunt5811

grunt5811 New Member

I got it figured out and Im now a full member of the site and the phone is downloading the zip file. I will just take it off the phone and put on computer and run it. easy peasy as rachel ray (my wifes hero) would say.
  18. Freedog

Freedog New Member

OK, the site says that I need Flash to download the app. I can't run Flash on my computer, it just wont install and i've been having this issue for a long time now. Anyway I can get this app without using Flash?
  19. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

anyone could email ya the app..including me!
  20. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

I'm almost a hundred percent cetain that you can download the .cab of Fizz with your Q. I didn't use my Q to get the .cab file, but rather a PC that I don't have ActiveSync on and tranferred it via the SD Card.