Found a Q 9c but has password on it

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by rubberbandman, Mar 19, 2008.

1. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

i take that back....i just send the lock command from the sprintpcs.com website....and it worked......just don't expect a reply....but you can at least lock it that way until you get to your phone to receive the information.....

and it reboots it to my locked stronger password....

Anyone know of a way to keylock the phone without having it go to my long password all the time? like a keylock not...a LOCK
  2. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Haha, all the change in my car is of the copper variety. Unfortunately, soda machines don't want to take pennies or debit cards... They really need to start taking one or the other... Preferably the debit cards as I never have cash on me... Or I should just work for Google or MS or Apple, their employees get free soda.
  3. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

well they do take debit cards....just not the ones in your office....:laugh2:
  4. cheri

cheri Active Member

i know a lady that was a physical therapist/massues if I am not mistaken she would travel to Apple, IBM and a bunch of sillycon valley business...I would take the free massage over a soda lol. Ask you boss if he will pitch in for something like that lol. (gotta remember i live in California so its not really all that odd here)
  5. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Yeah, if I lived out there, I'd have not had to shave my head a few years ago when I dyed it blue. East coast is so uptight about some things. Granted, it was also my dad that made me shave it, my boss at the time was merely wondering how to explain it to the rest of the staff.
  6. op12

op12 New Member

Just a note: You can also try to send a text message via email and that should work too. Just email 10digitphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com and that should work.
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

My hair was purple for a while...but its brown anyway and it was more a tint than a dye. So only when I wore it up or if light hit was it obvious lol.

You have a strict Dad dont ya?

Blue is nice nothing wrong with blue...you could always do a rinse and just blue it up on the weekends.

Its really alot more conservative the further inland you go in California. But Im not complaining. I like it here.
  8. resinis

resinis New Member

you could turn it into ebay too... theyll give you some monies for it. sprint is a cool company though, no reason not to give it to them.
  9. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Hehe, I wouldn't mind bleaching it again. That was kind of neat. We did it before dying my hair blue. I'm already a (getting darker with the less sun I get) dirty blond, so it would have worked anyway, but we bleached it first and it reminded me of being like 5 again. Super Saiya-jin blond hair. Though I'd like to get it pure white.
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

lol non not the sanjayin blond noooooo lol
    pure white? you are adventurous...lucky u have lighter hair. never bleached mine and dont plan on it.
    I would look hysterical with fair locks lol
  11. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Well, I doubt I'll get it pure white, but I'll settle for a silvery white.
  12. cheri

cheri Active Member

what about a silvery pearly white.
    people would mistake you for an angel
    and u could make all kinds of demands lol
  13. armyturtle

armyturtle New Member

Not to be too redundant (I've mentioned in a couple of other posts about it already) but www.trackr.eu would be perfect for this now that the Q9c has built in GPS.

Just log in and see where your phone is at! ----> Follow person who has it. If you set it to automatically start with the phone & have a password on the phone, you should be able to located it immediately.

Feel free to have a look at it in action: http://trackr.eu/user/armyturtle/live

Oh, and the application is free & runs simultaneously with other GPS software.
  14. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

man i would kill to have this on one of my ex's phones when i was seeing her....ugh i can't believe I put myself through that shit
  15. armyturtle

armyturtle New Member

Amen to that, I feel ya. However if you've got a person you need to keep tabs on in your life (lover, girlfriend, wife) then you probably don't want to be with them to start with!
  16. LoDown3

LoDown3 New Member

^Hey, I'm guessing the sprint program only processes commands (via text) when the phone is on right?
    So if its off, will it automatically receive the text and perform the command when it comes in?
    ...wondering if having it off would offset the command's function via text...

hey this does look interesting...but i'm assuming works only with the phone on too.

But, how much space does the application they make u download for it take up?
    Is it a ram-hog too?
    And do you have it on startup?

i kno lots of questions...at least i'm on topic :tounge:
  17. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

When I turn my phone on yes it does receive the texted commands.....but to be 100% sure with your phone....simply test it out....I would never rely on such an important program without knowing it worked for me 100%

Overall on my q9c I don't notice a huge slow down or anything, or anything at all for that matter....my phone is a big groggy but I have so much crap on it....I am one of those people with the missing remove programs list

The application its self, I don't know for sure but it would be safe to say sprite terminator is for sure under 1.5mb....and right off of my memory I wanna say 924kb.....

sucka
  18. armyturtle

armyturtle New Member

It's not a lot of space less than 3 mb I think - probably a lot less, I'm just being generous in my guess. I installed it to my miniSD card though (4GB) so it doesn't really matter for me. This doesn't affect the performance of it either.

No, it doesn't work with the phone off - does anything? Would be cool though.

I do have it in startup (made a shortcut to the .exe in the program folder and placed it in the startup folder). Works great! Just have to make sure you set it to AUTOSTART (or "Automatisch starten" as it's listed) in the advanced menu of the settings. Once you do this, the program remembers and everytime you boot your phone, it loads Trackr, and then automatically starts uploading it's position to the server.

My phone will never be lost again! :eek:)

If you use Trackr - feel free to add me as a friend on your online profile. I have my profile set to auto-accept, and it'd be nice to have some buddies to see on the map portion of the application on the phone... Haven't got to try that out a lot yet.
  19. LoDown3

LoDown3 New Member

magicman, armyturtle...both sound pretty cool and i'll try em out.

LOL @ "Automatisch starten". Nice!:laugh2:
  20. Dylan04

Dylan04 New Member

yea u could win like a million dollars or they could just let u have the phone...hope u did the write thing but personaly i would have experemented with its inside shot it blown it up and lit it on fire