Forum Questions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by softspirits, May 5, 2007.

1. softspirits

softspirits Guest

Forum Questions

What is "reputation" and where can one's "reputation" be viewed?
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

As a member put it best, reputation is a way to say "thank you" for an informative post. As the admin, I still haven't set up a "working" rep system. To my knowledge, I don't know how to view someones rep. I promised a number of members that I'd research and it's on my list. I'm hoping to make it more prominent and useful. Here's a thread discussing reputation.

-Chris
  3. softspirits

softspirits Guest

Thanks for the info, looks like a cool tool to quickly let someone know they info they posted was helpful. I hope you can get that running.
  4. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Hummmmm- didn't know that... on my user CP it says I have 11 points, whats that?
  5. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Reputation Is Running

It actually is running now. If you go to the Member List, you can sort by reputation, for example, and the order does change (meaning everybody doesn't have the same reputation).

I think Chris meant that he was thinking about configuring it more.

To get more people using reputation, you might also consider putting something about it in your signature like I've done (I got the idea from tj!2k6, but modified it to link to the thread that I started). I've noticed that a few people have borrowed my signature, so feel free to do that, too.

Steve