Forgot to log out off store phone

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by LeoBloom, Apr 28, 2012.

1. LeoBloom

LeoBloom New Member

I've been trying out windows phones in several stores. The reps never had the windows marketplace credentials so I always had to use my Live ID in order to try out various free apps. I always reset the phones in the end, or so I thought. Just a few minutes ago I received an email confirming a wp app purchase I never made. I am afraid some store I have gone to still has my credentials on a display phone. I can't seem to figure out who to contact abour this. I also don't ever remember putting in my CC information into a windows Live account.

Is there a way to remotely log out off all phones I've ever signed into? What else do I need to do?
  2. Fleon

Fleon New Member

Go to your windows live account. At the top left, mouse-over Windows Live. When the dropdown appears, click devices. Delete any device your account is paired with.
  3. LeoBloom

LeoBloom New Member

I thought about removing them from the account, but I also noticed an erase function. I tried running it for all four phones that I found on that page, but each time the website told me that the phone could not be reached, that Microsoft will keep trying to reach and wipe the phones, and that I may leave my email at which I will be contacted once Microsoft succeeds at wiping the phone.

Given that I would get a confirmation from Microsoft that the phone was wiped, do you think it's better to wait for the confirmation or is it better to remove the phones from my account now?
  4. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

I'm not sure what to tell you about removing them before cancellation. If I were you, (I wouldn't have put my information on a store phone to begin with) I would personally drive back to every store and manually check the phones you messed with.