**For Us Ladies**

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cheri, Apr 16, 2008.

1. cheri

cheri Active Member

**For Us Ladies**

I just had to add this thread because I think its important to remember how wonderful we are.

Now I will explain why. It all started in the ladies locker room at the gym. This is not your typical meat market gym. It for the community so ya get all shapes, sizes fitness levels, ages etc. Of course after working at Gold's for as long as I did you learn to get over any issues you have to stepping on the floor with serious gym frequenters or get run over by them lol.

So Any way back to the locker room (no pics locker room sacred ground) I was busy getting ready and I do try to be sociable, friendly and this lady im talking to tells me "you look so beautiful"...i have a very diffcult time with compliments but was polite and thanked her. I dont think of myself like that at all.
    but it was nice to hear even from the older crazy lady. lol she was sincere. A couple of other things like that happened...one i hear frequently is "what is the secret to your calves". Hey some ladies get perfect boobs, tiny waists maybe even a rockin deriere...my genetic pool bestows upon me perfect calves lol. Yippie! im very thankful they are in working order.

My point is so many of us are over whelmed by everything we do we forget about our selves. I have made a commitment to stop putting myself last. I think there is a big difference between pride in yourself and selfishness. Im hoping if anyone else (guys can too but its usually us ladies) wants to join me in moving more graceful, dignified thru life Im looking for inspiration and recruits lol.

What does this mean, i dont know. Im very aggrivated with shallow, demeaning and negative surroundings and people. So I want to do something about it i just dont know exactly what....but what ever it is Im doing something is happening...walls are collapsing and things I havent been tuned into before are becoming clear. like I said I dont know what it is but I know I want more.

I guess this is peri-menopause? lol no not yet
    If you have something constructive to add be my guest.
    ((HUGS))
  2. capo8488

capo8488 New Member

wait so theres no pictures inside of the ladies locker rooms? ((swallow moment)) kidding!! I've actually tried to be less self-centered recently and am trying to open up more..believe it or not things will benefit you
  3. cheri

cheri Active Member

nope will not break the "code" on the ladies locker room.....keep in mind its not just for the young and fit.
    ill let your visual mind stew on that for a while lol.
    the older women are much less reserved on what they wear in the pool area than you would think lol
  4. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Oh Gawd! Oh Gawd! Oh Gawd!
    Danger Will Robinson!
    Must delete image from brain.
    Reboot? ( ) Retry? ( ) Fail? ( )
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

Sign me up, Cheri! I took an hour for myself last Thursday & had my nails done. Does that count? Love the idea, it's putting in motion that's gonna be tough!
  6. cheri

cheri Active Member

LMAO geekster...someone get the woman a brainy wipe!

Yes getting your nails done counts if you like getting ur nails done. lol
    My friend and her man actually go as a couple to get mani-pedicures. I think that is hot lol...i ask them wtf did he do to my friend because that woman has had un-warranted issues about her feet since i could remember back in high school! To put it bluntly and they know this already her man needs to be cloned in mass production. (refer to Easter email lol)

its already in motion evil twin. bootstraps and all. lol
  7. crazykay

crazykay New Member

Count me in!!
  8. cheri

cheri Active Member

cool the more the merrier.!
  9. capo8488

capo8488 New Member

I think I was the only guy to respond...**runs and hides**
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

lol i think that is because you are pretty new and the veterans well rhey just rubber neck and move out of the way lol