For the Anime fans...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Weapondrift, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

I think for me personally, having the toy companies pervert what was once so entirely original, its sickening. Take for example Transformers, the only good thing thats happened since the 80"s cartoon was the new movie. everything else...sucks.
  2. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

I have an old Transformers game for the Commodore 64, that I still to this day, have no idea what the hell is the point or even if it's possible to win the game. Suppose I could go look it up one of these days on google or something, but I don't get the C64 out much these days.

And now, I feel like watching some anime, pardon me while I go and try and figure out what I feel like watching. Or maybe I should just read Howl's Moving Castle, the book is quite different and pretty good and I've only read it twice so far since I got it a few months ago, but I feel like watching more than reading as I'm somewhat tired. I'll prolly be back to check the forums randomly. Have a good night all.
  3. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

whatd you end up watching? Ive been eying Ninja Scroll over the last hour...but because im at work...its like an itchy trigger finger *should I or shouldnt I?* lol
  4. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Actually I ended up reading a book while exchanging idle banter with Cheri. I wouldn't have been able to keep an eye on the forums while watching anime. Wolf's Time I believe it was. Was disappointed with it though. Started out interesting but turned pretty religious. At least it was an ebook from the Baen free library, so I can't really complain. Story actually wasn't bad, just not my taste. Interesting combination of Christianity and fantasy though.
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

interesting in deed lol they re dubed kimba with christian teaching at one point...kimba really didnt need it...its a pretty moral anime
  6. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

I don't see much point in Christianizing most any anime as most are written with eastern religions in mind. Doesn't mean they aren't moral, but the Catholics and some other Christian religions can't abide the thought of their young watching something that will obviously corrupt them and turn them into heathens who, Heaven forbid, might actually think for themselves or ask questions. (Is technically a Catholic so no flames :) ) And sorry for putting a bit of religious angst into the thread.
    PotQ
  7. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

At the local Books A Million I've seen numerous books clashing Christianity and Anime. I understand what there trying to do, but like you said I don't see much point in Christinizing Anime either. I got into an argument once with a Baptist regarding a fairly large billboard that was sitting right next to the interstate. The billboard said the following: If you don't belive in God that's ok the Devil will take you back'. I can't tell you how often I wanted to burn that sign down.
  8. cheri

cheri Active Member

i am technically catholic with a most hebrew maiden name...can get confusing lol

I get enough religion from friends famly and church i dont want it mixing with anime.

Weapondrift honey that billboard IMO is NOT a christian attitude. it would be suitable as foder lol
  9. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

EXACTLY my point.
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

im with u on that. pinky swear!
    hey did u get the invite to the anime cuddle party?
  11. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

*pouts cuz I didn't get one*
  12. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

*does not know of such things :gasp:
  13. cheri

cheri Active Member

sorry guys...rules changed girls only :)

14. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

pulls out video camera before Gargaroh can get to it...instead hands him popcorn and 3-D glasses. :tounge:
  15. cheri

cheri Active Member

yeah wait for the pillow fight things will really get interesting.
  16. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

hands front row tickets to the show... :)
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

what are you talking about you guys are the targets
  18. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

*whistles and deletes after posting and seeing cheri's reply*
  19. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

*plays dumb
  20. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Haha, did you see what I had? It twas a good idea, if I had gotten the post posted before Cheri got hers posted. *lol*