For Birdsoft -- Xtreme Agenda problems...

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by CodeGuy, Aug 4, 2006.

1. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

For Birdsoft -- Xtreme Agenda problems...

Hey Bird,

Great bit of work you have there with Xtreme Agenda. Very nice. In fact, I would love to push the buy button but... I have a persistant problem with the app cratering on startup. I have tried the 153 release, and had the same issue. The only time I have consistently been able to get it to run is when I have master reset my phone, and Xtreme Agenda is the -only- thing I have loaded. I am a software developer myself (~27 years, C / C++ / C# / .NET / Java / Assembler / Pascal / Forth / Fortran / Cobol / Modula-2 / etc... ) and I am about 99.99% positive that Xtreme Agenda has some type of compatability problem with Facade, as that is usually when my problems start. Runs fine till I load Facade. If I load XA first, it may even run for awhile after I load Facade, but sooner or later the cratering starts. All of this would seem to point to either data corruption or I/O contention of some type. May just be a matter of a well placed try {} catch {} block.

If you would like, and can provide me with an email, I would be happy to send you the dump / error report file. If you would like to do some more extensive stuff ( in the event that my device is strange somehow ), I am fully equipped for .NET CF / Smartphone 2002, 2003, WM5 development, and would be happy to run some stuff in debugger mode against my device to see if we can get to the bottom of the problem. Heck, I will even sign an NDA if would like to collaborate on this to get it solved. I see a lot of potential with your product. In fact, I had intended to write something very similar until I saw you had alread done it <grin>.

Anyway, let me know if I can assist, or if a fix is in the works.
    Either way works for me :)

Regards,

CG :thumbup:

PS -- I tried to post this on the BirdSoft forums, and for some reason the confirmation email never found it's way to me. I registered there as CodeGuy. If you can look into enabling me to post there, I will restrict this type of stuff to your forums in the future.
  2. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Thanks for the offer. I will be taking you up on that somehow... We are working on tracking this down....

I activated you Birdsoft Forum account, so you can post there too... But Id prefer to contact you directly thru email, if you want to drop me a line at brian at birdsoft.net

Thanks again....
  3. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

Gotcha. I have to get on to work ATM, but I will drop you a line at some point today so we can get coordinated.

CG