Focus Forgets All My Accounts, Apps, Music

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by chris, Nov 10, 2010.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Okay, this is bizarre and perhaps it has something to do with my microSD card install. Everything has been working great until now. I used the Focus heavily all morning. Browsing the web, installing apps from Marketplace, syncing music via Zune, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

I get an alert that my battery is low. Prior to powering it up, I wanted to check the browsers user agent, so I sent off a link to my Focus. Well, I pick up my Focus and all the information is gone. No music, no accounts, no apps that had been downloaded. Battery is critically low, but everything is gonzo.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Did you have a stock Focus or did you have a memory card installed.

Going to charge it and see what happens.
  2. chris

Charged it for a bit. Magically, it's all back. Testing now to see if once it reaches a point that it dumps all my personal info again.
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

That is NOT good!!
  4. muddtt

muddtt Member

someone said they lost all information after powering off then back on with an SD card installed.
  5. termleech

termleech Member

Chris, have you had any other issues with your phone forgetting everything? Have you tried turning it off and back on? I haven't tried it yet as I need my phone this afternoon but I'm going to give it a try this evening.
  6. chris

As I am sitting here, it just rebooted. All my accounts are gone, music is gone. Two minutes or so before, I just MMS'ed a friend, now my phone is wiped. This is some scary stuff. I'll get over it, but I think many people are going to be pissed off if this happens to them after installing a card.