Focus expandable Memory

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by TheDFO, Sep 23, 2011.

1. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

I haven't seen anything about specifically approved/branded memory for the Focus for awhile.

So...are there any approved cards? If not, has anyone had a card in for the past year and not had issues? And has anyone figured out what to look for in a card? From what I remember, it seemed to be an issue only when the memory card started to get full.
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

There are some -- I believe they are SanDisk, class 2 I believe. Not sure of the capacity.

Onsale.com has a 32GB Sandisk on sale for $30 today. I was thinking I might give it a go on my Focus. I tried once before and it was a bit wonky post-install. Hoping maybe next week's Mango release will include some invisible fixes for expandable memory.
  3. dod

dod New Member

I got a question about expanding the memory. If the sd card causes performance problmes can you take out the card, and revert the phone to use the original memory it came with? And how would you do that? Thanks.
  4. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

From what I know (haven't tried it), you can take the card out, and perform the same hard reset process that you did when you put it in to give the phone more memory.