Flex Mail 4 Beta

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by sulster, Apr 12, 2008.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i think it tries to do to much
  2. sulster

sulster Active Member

i thought send/receive all was the manual way to do that for Activesync. does it not just use the times that you have set up in Activesync?

i really just prefer the one line/coumn layout that you can't force tmail to do.

yeah, scott it does try too much maybe w/ the graphics, but the customization is SO much better
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

reading all this.. i don't think i do enough email on the Q to justify using this app.

potQ.
  4. jae.keyz

jae.keyz New Member

i never seen what all the hype was about with flexmail.. even when i had my mogul
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it may just be what some folks are looking for....to each it's own right.

potQ.
  6. sulster

sulster Active Member

Yeah, I use my email A TON on my Q and I want more flexibility in the options that tmail gives me. Other features as referenced above.

I bought the Q so I could get my email on my phone. I don't need Nintendo gaming or any of that other stuff.
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that's what i meant... everyone has the Q for their own reason, and that is why i said what i said.
  8. sulster

sulster Active Member

Oh yeah--I was trying to be a LIVE TESTIMONIAL to what you said. :)
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

One other thing I did like that I forgot to add was the spell checker!

And not sure if it's related or not yet but my Outlook mail has started giving me "server certificate has expired...contact your exchange support chumps" and my Q will also say it's time is not the same as the servers..please remedy!
  10. sulster

sulster Active Member

yep--that too!

TF, I haven't seen that. I have been seeing a lot of "can't find shortcut" but that was occurring before I installed this Flexmail...

There is some interesting discussion on the WEBIS forum about the reason FlexMail keeps closing itself and what to do about it...

If anyone knows how I can move my one gazillion folders into a place where I can use them on my PC but they don't have to show up on my Q, that would be fabulous...
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

haha..yea, that can't find shortcut thing I've been seeing allot lately too! But another click finds it..

and cant you just put the folders under "personal folders" in Outlook (if that what we're talkin!)? That way they are on your pc's hard drive and not the server to be seen by your Q?

I let FM go yesterday...was gonna keep till it expired but couldn't wait!
  12. sulster

sulster Active Member

I'm trying this now. Good idea!!

:(

Apparently, FM can get automatically closed out depending on what else you run. IF getting rid of my one bazillion folders will speed up the initial load time, then I'm keeping it.
  13. sulster

sulster Active Member

Holy Heck Yeah!

TreeFrog--that did it!! I set up some personal folders and moved all my files (which is folders with folders and folders) to it and they don't sync to Handheld and now Flexmail opens in about 5 seconds... Now, that's doable!!

:)
  14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Yeah! Happy Flexmailing!! :)
  15. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

I've just tried to give the trial of Flex Mail a go but I can't get gmail through IMAP to work. I have it working on the Q's default email but not through Flex Mail.

Anyone have GMAIL IMAP working through flexmail?

Craig
  16. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Panic over, I didn't change anything other than restart my phone and it's now working! :)
  17. sulster

sulster Active Member

glad you got it working. Fastmail and gmail IMAP work very well on FlexMail for me.

I just switched to Q9c and am trying out the native email b/c it's supposed to support HTML but I still prefer the FlexMail interface.

PotQ
  18. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

I'm loving all the extra features but there's a lot to learn. The first thing I notice is that it doesn't update the email counter on my home screen. Is there a work around for this?

Craig
  19. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

I'm loving all the extra features but there's a lot to learn. The first thing I notice is that it doesn't update the email counter on my home screen. Is there a work around for this?

Craig
  20. sulster

sulster Active Member

IIRC it only counts Pocket Outlook. I quit using a screen with a counter and relied on an envelope icon.

Also, I recall that viewing a txt in ExtremeText didn't reset that counter to zero.

Have you checked out the forum? the developer is very active and responsive.

POTQ