Flex Mail 4 Beta

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by sulster, Apr 12, 2008.

1. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Apologies for the earlier double post, I'm still half asleep! I guess you right, no real need for a counter on the home screen.

I'll check out their forum and continue to play.

:)
  2. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

So I've been playing with Flexmail and I must admit I was getting very frustrated with it, until......I deleted about 1000 txt mesages and now it works great and is very reponsive. Shame that it appears unworkable with lots of txt's!
  3. lexluthor

lexluthor New Member

I'm a Profimail user, but figured I'd give Flexmail (v4 Beta 4) another try. It's somewhat maddening at how many different places user options are located, but it does seem pretty powerful and I'd really like to use IMAP IDLE, which Profimail doesn't have.

Anyhow, I think I have it almost fully configured to do everything Profimail is doing now.

The one exception is that I can't figure out how to get it to upload sent messages to the server so that when I send an email on Flexmail, the mail appears in my sent mail folder on the server.

I have the sent folder on FM selected as the "set as sent" folder and enable messages uploading checked for that folder.

The forums there are pretty barren, so I'm hopeful someone here has some ideas.
  4. sulster

sulster Active Member

Mine just automatically work (gmail and fastmail IMAP). you might need to go into Settings/Storage and highlight the sent folder & reset it.

Also, Alex (the developer) reads all the posts on the Beta threads. I would go post it there & ask if its a bug b/c you'll get an answer that way. I think they are on Release Candidate 4.

Good luck! I switched back to FlexMail b/c I just can't abide all the wasted space in the built-in email handler.
  5. lexluthor

lexluthor New Member

Well, in your case gmail probably works because when you use the gmail smtp server it automatically puts a sent copy on the server. Not sure what fastmail does.

In my case, one account I have is gmail, but I'm using a different smtp server and my other account is a business type account where I'm using the mail hosting company's smtp server. In either case, sent mail doesn't appear on the server.

Any other ideas? I did post in the flexmail forums, but it's very quiet over there. No responses yet.
  6. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

FlexMail & Signatures

So I'm continuing with my 2 week trial of FlexMail and it's getting better all the time, esp. now that I've deleted 1000+ txt messages!

Anyway...I know it's possible to setup account specific signatures in FlexMail but can they only be txt based signatures or can html ones be used so that images can be included?

Thanks

Craig
  7. sulster

sulster Active Member

Craig--I think they are txt only but am not sure. I have typed in different signatures for different accounts, but don't recall seeing an option to insert a file...

lex-- i know there is something about resetting the IDLE folders. did you try that? I'm not real good on IMAP terminology...
  8. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

I'm using Version 3.1 build 1864. Is that the latest version that includes the Home Screen plug in as I can't find it? Is it just available in the Beta Version?

Craig
  9. sulster

sulster Active Member

Yes, FlexMail 4 is in beta/release candidate form. FlexMail 2007 is the last official release and it didn't work for me at all.

Here's the link: http://download.pocketinformant.com/FTF/FlexMail4_2678/
  10. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

OK so I've upgraded to the new Beta release and I have a new question. I have a visible notification when I get a email but how do I set an audible one?

I've searched the settings but can't find it anywhere.

Craig
  11. sulster

sulster Active Member

Go to Settings -->General --> Notifications.

It's towards the bottom. 'Play Sound'
  12. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

That's it sluster, you are quite the expert, thank you. :)
  13. sulster

sulster Active Member

That's me! SLUSTER! :)
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

whahahahhahhahaaa..... sorry sluster :}
  15. sulster

sulster Active Member

Whatever FRANDY! :)
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

darn... your memory is way too good :}

ps. now that i do more email on the Q... i might have to dive into this Flexmal & i know where to go for support: sluster (hey, could have been worse if you hussle the letters a bit :}
  17. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Wow I finally got this app to work. Not much point for WM6 now. I doubt pie 6.1 beats mini.
  18. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

This is a pretty nice program. I have been BETA testing it since the beginning and I would have to say that Alex and Yury have come a long ways. Not only that, they have done an excellent job in making sure that each problem and BETA tester been given individual and dedicated support to there problems.

I for one am proud of the program and would be willing to try and help anyone with problems or questions.

Jon
  19. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Seems like the OS shuts it down occasionally and all of a sudden no mail is coming in. Anyone else seen that or know of an easy fix? I could write a daemon that runs it if it's not running but that seems silly. It also doesn't start when the phone boots which could be fixed with a shortcut I guess.
  20. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Yes I have to agree with your findings! I often find myself having to restart it so a solution to this issue would be great. :smile: