Flashing Q9n Issues

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by Q9Nap, Feb 28, 2009.

1. MugenMadNess

MugenMadNess New Member

where do i get the moto drivers from i only had the phone for a week?
  2. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Assuming you mean USB driver - XP or VISTA? :) -Q
  3. MugenMadNess

MugenMadNess New Member

You Guys Rock I have The Drivers Do I Need To Downgrade To Up Grade? I Need 1.18 if i understand correctly to get to 1.31?
  4. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

fyi the 1.31 flash download should have both the 1.18 Monster & 1.31update in the same *.zip. and yes you need to do the 1.18 first then the 1.31 seeing as the 1.31 is a hybrid flash so that is why you need to use 1.18 whihc is a Monster flash file.
  5. MugenMadNess

MugenMadNess New Member

Thanks For The Help Guys I Really Appreciate It. i Have Everything Except How To Start This Process Do i Put My Phone In Boot Loader Mode? Exactly What Are the Steps To Flash i have All the Tools Needed..Thanks Again..
  6. MugenMadNess

MugenMadNess New Member

Is There No Tutorial...I Have All The Tools Needed & Nothing Is Happening Im Sure Im 1 Click Away From Getting This Done....
  7. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

There are a number of Tutorials here at EQ for flashing Qs that also apply here. Q9c/m forums are where to look. A few of us have written them for everyone to use. Have at it. :) -Q
  8. MugenMadNess

MugenMadNess New Member

Thanks I Would Prefer The Written Down Tutorial :)
  9. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Well . . . ya got 'em here. Go for it. :) -Q
  10. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

DONT BRICK your phone!!!
    its not that easy to get to the 118/31
    its a 2 part flash and must take your time to do it.
    do i need to have a class on how not to brick the nap. i got so many pm's i cant keep up.
    the only reason to have this combo is if your getting data stahlling. otherwise leave it alone!
  11. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

REALLY !!!! . . . I'm thinkin' excellent thoughtful advice. I just unloaded my pm box too. I'm with you for the most part - If it works - don't fix it. :) -Q
  12. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

in short. i use rsdlite4.3
    hold *and# then press power key. youll see black screen and it says flash mode please connect usb.
    connect your usb and you should see it enumerated in rsdlite. now choose the 118/93 monster. now when it is complete it may say manually power on this device."dont do it" let it sit,itll say pass eventually.
    next choose the 131 ap flash.when this is "pass" you take take the phone off the usb and power it down. remove the battery and wait 5 minutes. then power it back on and do *228 option 1 and when that is done.again power it down remove the battery and repeat. now you can use the phone.
    i suggest you have no open programs running at all while flashing and do a restart on your pc prior to flashing.
  13. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

I have not found it necessary to manually set it to bootloader with any of the Naps or other Q9c/ms that I've flashed. RSD Lite will put it into flash mode when you hit Start after it has identified the connected phone.

I use RSD Lite 4.0.1 because I have found that to be the most compatible for all the phones I'm working with currently. I had problems with renumeration with the Q9c when I tried 4.41 and 4.53. I have flashed under both XP SP3 and Vista SP1 successfully with this version. I am running the 3.7.0 MotoDev drivers on a Dell XPS 1530 laptop.

Other than that I would agree with MOTO MANIAC's stated procedures.
  14. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Agreed 99.999999 % - Only exception being I've had 100% sucess with 4.2 (patched) so you're spot on. :) -Q
  15. MugenMadNess

MugenMadNess New Member

Update:
    Failed Flashing Process When Loading 1.31 Any Suggestion?
  16. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Not enough info . . . tell us what you are using, OS etc. We'll help ya, man. :) -Q
  17. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

My first suggestion is a general one...use as much precise detail as possible and include all pertinent information about what versions of software, OS, drivers etc. being used and the exact sequence followed and the exact error messages received.
    This can be critical when trying to diagnose issues.
  18. MugenMadNess

MugenMadNess New Member

Rsd:hab csf failed
    rsd:hab assert check failed!!!!
  19. MugenMadNess

MugenMadNess New Member

Also at the top it say barker is not set?
  20. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

That's a very bad sign...unfortunately and i have seen several units with that error that are currently unrecoverable.
    I have to go to work now too

I would try reflashing the 1.18 monster and see if it takes after repeated flashes, assuming it can complete that flash.