Flashed to Cricket, but MMS & Internet are broke :-(

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by aphroazn, Aug 15, 2008.

1. aphroazn

aphroazn New Member

Flashed to Cricket, but MMS & Internet are broke :-(

I got this phone two weeks ago and waited a whole week for it to get flashed across the country. The flash included calling, SMS, MMS, and Internet; however, only calls and SMS are working. We even spent hours over the phone trying to figure out and reflash and reprogram to resolve the issue.

But I am still getting the the Cricket-WAP logon screen, despite numerous attempts to login with the format phonenumer@mycricket.com with cricket as the password. We've also called Cricket tech support (man, I hate calling them!) to refresh the data feature settings. No luck.

I checked other posts with the same problem on here, but no one has provided a step-by-step update on what to do next.

I really want to experience the Q! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. blackmage

blackmage Member

try howardforums.com go to cricket go to how to flash phone click here first they got a guide how to flash your moto q and get internet working all that
  3. raborn

raborn New Member

4. MOTO_IN_BA

MOTO_IN_BA New Member

mms and email

I have had the moto q for 2 weeks and at first it was able to send pics via mms but after i did a master reset by accidnet and had to have it completely reflashed i get an error message tht tells me something about the address cannt be verified. i know this feature is supported bc u have the verizon version bt it will not work.....any suggestions?

5. ETbaby187

ETbaby187 New Member

I need some serious help!

HI i am a newbie and i just had two moto Q's fully flashed "CRICKET" one of them is the Q and the other one is Q9 is the newest one from sprint both were sprint phones i was wondering the net works on the Q9 but not the pix texting and on the original Q i dont have the pix texting or the net can some one dummie-fy how i can get it to work and also I have looked in my settings and i didnt see in proxy anything for choosing cricket anything :( but on the Q9 i did =-) thanks for your help ahead of time!

ET OUT!
  6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

you won't get MMS working on either the sprint Q or Q9c. Sprint doesn't use MMS (picture mail is different) so the software isn't there. and I believe that you would just need to set up a proxy connection on the qriginal Q to get it working
  7. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

yep ^, that maybe why they say to flash to Verizon before converting to cricket.

I have mentioned before.. you guys should get together and make a complete ROM and/or a sprite image so you don't keep going thru this. Just load the software & go.
  8. ETbaby187

ETbaby187 New Member

OKAY so all i needed to do was reflash the phone and then redo the proxy settings after that we tryed it from alltel to cricket s-o-l'ed so then we did from sprint to verizon to cricket bingo was its name-o it worked and then i had to delete the domain name but man o man no issues i need a tissue cuz im gonna cry I HAVE THE PHONE OF MY DREAMS! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!