FlashBundle1.4.4 - youtube sticky

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by kerosene25, Apr 1, 2008.

1. sherri

sherri Active Member

That's why he's the expert! ;)
  2. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

Ok here goes again everyone: ***
    To start out I went into my storage card in the program files folder and I deleted previous copies of these programs which had unsuccessful installations. Well, the tcpmp installed (far as I know) but the flashbundle was unsuccessful. Anyways I deleted them and starting fresh.
    I turned off my phone. My phone is off...
    -turning my phone on.
    -I am checking the phone folders and my storage card for any remaining files for tcpmp and flash bundle: Q prog files, my documents etc. NO SUCH FILES.
    My 8GB SDHC card (which works great by the way): NO SUCH FILES .
    My program files for my Card are actually empty! the files that we are doing this whole thread about are my first apps ever!!
    OK, so we are starting out fresh...
    1. Opened up internet explorer.
    2. IE is the only application running on my phone, i double checked with task manager and killed the other apps.
    3. Going to mq.roeiboot.com/apps
    4.scrolled down to "tcpmp.smartphone.0.72rc1.cab"
    it is beneath "tcmdphone" and above "vSmartPrime", its about 5 apps from the bottom of page.
    5. i clicked on the app
    6.i get a screen that says " Download the 684 kb file 'tcpmp.smartphone.0.72rc1.cab' to '\My Documents\'? "
    I can slick (left soft key) YES or (right soft key) MENU then save as OR no. Since I was told to download and install on my card earlier in this thread and just recently by sherri .....
    7. I click MENU then SAVE AS
    8. on the next screen I can select MAIN MEMORY or STORAGE CARD.
    I select STORAGE CARD.
    9. Then I click (left soft key) SAVE
    .........downloading...........
    10. Installing..... BOOM!!!!!!! "INSTALLATION OF tcpmp.smartphone.0.72rc1.cab WAS UNSUCCESSFUL."
    -ok so im gonna back up to the very beggining marked by the three asterisks above (***)
    ok- i looked on my card and the file was on there so i clicked on it and it started to install, then came up as "Installation unsuccessful..." AGAIN.
    IM gonna delete it and try again....
    OK FRESH START ...AGAIN:
    ok got to step 10 again and download is FROZEN at 64.0 of 684 kb ..just the download is frozen not the whole phone.
    I closed Explorer , I went to Task mager and killed all apps. Then I turned my phone off. Turned back on, checked my card for any partial downloads etc. It Is clean. Program Files are Empty on my card. Here we go again:
    OK when I first posted it was the flash file that wouldnt install. I got the TCPMP on then the flash file was unsuccessful. This time I cant even get the TCPMP file installed.
    It IS in my card though!
    I went and killed all apps. I changed my settings so that IM wont run on startup...
    Still wont install.
    Is there anyone with AT&T on a Q9h who has done this??
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

please attempt to unlock the phone with the program we have been trying to tell you about for the last day or so
  4. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

Meanwhile as far as the unlock goes and the AEconfig.zip file....
    I tried to open Aeconfig and i get a screen "ERROR This file cannot be viewed on the device."
    So I went down through the apps index page and tried to open 4 or 5 .zip files and I am getting the same error message.
    The thought occured to me to unzip them on my PC then put them on my card and into my phone ... so did.
    Then I went into my phone and i followed the directions in the readme file.
    "Security disabled" !! NICE!

Now lets go try the TCPMP and flashbundle:
    DAMN! still getting unsuccessful installation messages!
    Is there something running thats causing it not to install?
    as I said I fixed it so that IM doesnt run at startup. The only other thing is:
    mailwatcher.exe. Everytime i look , that thing is running. Could this be causing it? Or what could be causing it?
    I just restarted my phone... which is apparently unlocked now.
    Is there a way to check and make sure it is unlocked?
    Ok i restarted it. still no luck...
    Now im gonna try downloading it to the device and see what happens:
    (i tried a couple of .zip files just to see if i could open them now that phone is "unlocked" no luck)
    Ok downloaded TCPMP to my documents on the device and got an unsuccessful install there too....
    Now I tried to download and install flachbunble on the device and on the card - i got unsuccessful installation both times.
    I now have a copy of TCPMP.cab AND flash bundle.cab in MY DOCUMENTS on device AND on Storage Card. I have gone to all of them and clicked on them to try to install and got the UNSUCESSFUL INSTALLATION message each time I tried...
    I am going to attempt to download and install another .cab file from mq.roeiboot.com/apps and see what happens.. OK here goes:
    Candlelight.cab UNSUCCESSFUL INSTALL in both locations AND I went and checked and the files ARE there. They downloaded but didnt install. And when I click on them to attempt to install I get same message ..
    SO after reading that can anybody tell me whats going on? And how do I know I unlocked the phone for sure I mean it said "SECURITY DISABLED" so.....
  5. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

I attempted to unlock my phone. I am not sure if it worked or not. I would like to attempt a SIMPLE registry edit to TEST it if you have one in mind?
    If it turns out my phone IS unlocked then that means that theres something else preventing me from installing tcpmp and flashbundle and the other .cabs on apps page.
    If my phone is NOT unlocked then I'll need another way to unlock it.
    Either way I may have to do a master reset but I should find this out first right?
    Lemme know if theres a way I can test to make sure it is unlocked?
  6. n99hockey

head to the hacks thread and pick one
  7. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

Ok I got total commander. And I went to hacks sticky and did this one:

No Camera Click Sound______________________________________
    Go to:
    \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Pictures\Camera\OEM\Sou ndFile

Change the string/value:
    \windows\shuttersound_02_secs.wav

to say:
    \windows\*none*

.. It worked! my camera doesnt click now! So its unlocked? right?
    ...Still cant get tcpmp to work.
    Am i unlocked then? And what next to move forward?
  8. n99hockey

yes means your unlocked
    honestly for me the only solution i can think of at this point is a master reset...

you can try to reinstall the programs again since you managed to get TC installed
    you said you couldnt get ANY programs to work after you uninstalled TCPMP the last time
    so maybe try again
  9. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

ok. thanks for your help.
    I just went to this link: http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/
    and got tcpmp no problem.
    Then i got the flash bundle from here: http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?p=1319700

Its working but its taking along time to load up then it stops alot and buffering i guess. hey thanks for all your help ok.
    do you know where the thread was where they were talking about these bufeering problems and settings i cant find it?
    Thanks! im glad i didnt need to reset
  10. n99hockey

no i would just search for buffer or buffering...could be in a few threads