FlashBundle1.4.4 - youtube sticky

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by kerosene25, Apr 1, 2008.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

rb has the most recent one... 1.4.4

im at a point where i think the OP might want to try aeconfig to unlock the phone

@the OP
    have you done any hacks to the phone?

-Sent from my Q
  2. shuntzy

shuntzy New Member

thanks mike
    as u might have seen... im not a usual poster and i think this is like my third post...sry bout the confusion...
  3. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

AEconfig and the flash file can be found here

try downloading & install the flash fisrt and if it still gives errors install AEconfig
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

@ shuntzy
    everybody have to learn sometime. Teashark will let you view EQ in full version and edit posts. Look for the thread for info & links
  5. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

I deleted all thew files from my phone then went on my PC and downloaded them . the flashbundle was a .tgz file that required me to unzip it i pu then in the same prgram files folder and transferred them to the card then i put the card in the phone and youtube still didnt work.
    Then i tried moving all of the unzipped flashbundle files INTO the actual folder WITH the TCPMP files. still didnt work.
    I decided to delete all this bs from my phone until someone can help me do it right.
    but now ANY video that i record with my phonje or put in my phone are all tagged with a huge CORE icon and the files are still assosiciated with the CORE PLAYER so I cant play any of them !!!
    this sucks real bad. I wish i hadnt even tried this.
  6. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

this is crazy. now I HAVE to download COREPLAYER(TCPMP whatever its called) becaue I cant play my videos in media player.
    when i had tcpmp Coreplayer in there the first time it associated all my video type files and even AFTER i deleted it they remained. then I restarted my phone etc. And now windows media player still wont play any vids or NEW vids I make and they all have a windows icon on them instead of a windows media player icon...
    I guess i HAVE to get coreplayer tcpmp now damn. this sucks so bad. and STILL no youtube.
    I have a Q9h global just like many of you and i downloaded bioth files to my program files in my card . i just dont get it.....
  7. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

wow so i HAD to put it back on there JUST to be able to view any videos and new ones i made. NOW even the TCPMPCOREPLAYER or whatever you call it, is playing like crap. my videos are all slow and the sound is all crazy and i just wish I coul just use my windows media player to play my videos again but I cant find the file associtaions menu in the options for the WMP.
    if i can just have my WMP back ill be happy at that. until someone can tell me what went wrong.
    I dont like playing around with this all day . I like stuff thats easy to install and the directions are clear. this sucked.
    someone please help i just want my windows media player to play ALL my video files again. and if I can get this tcpmp off of my phone copm[pletely if its not gonna work...
    thanks. then after that we can delete this thread since it hasnt helped anyone lol.
    thanks
  8. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

the .tgz file should be renamed to a .cab

sometime it does that on his server...
  9. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

...yea that was just on my PC when i downloaded it it showed up as .tgz
    On my phone it always shows up as a .cab
    Previous posts didt show up last night where it says i should unlock the phone. Now I am seeing them. does anyone think this is smart?
  10. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

didn't hurt mine....
  11. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

OK. I just wanna be clear on what the consequence or whatever of unlocking my phone?
    Its gonna be better for me as far as apps and stuff like that right?
    I am with AT&T and I have a Moto Q9h global.
    Ive got an 8gb card in there. I havent added any apps or attempted to yet except for the TCPMP and flashbundle.
    I use my music player alot. I like the windows media player for that. My other interest is to be able to view sites like youtube.
    If mike or nshockey still want to help I would be interested in unlocking if you think it would be beneficial to me and I would be able to get that stuff working?
    So , just a little background... I wanted to let forum know I was with AT&T and Q9h though. Just got it last week. Ive got no apps other than what came in it. The card is about half full with mp3s...
    Lots of stuff I wanna do.. youtube to start!
    Thanks
  12. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

13. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

Thanks.
    Would it be better from my Q or my PC?
  14. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

either way works, what ever is easier for you
  15. sherri

sherri Active Member

I don't know if this helps, but...

I am completely retarded when it come to the techno stuff for this phone, but I was able to get the flash bundle and everything else needed for the You Tube videos directly from the phone. RB has on his app page the .cab files to do this. I just went into the Internet Explorer, and in the address bar, typed in exactly what he had posted. I installed everything to my storage card, and the res, as they say, is history.

I've stated it before, my 15 year old daughter wants to know why I have a phone that is clearly smarter than I am!:wink: My response: "Because I can!" Good luck!
  16. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

What are the benefits of unlocking my phone?
  17. sherri

sherri Active Member

I'll let someone who actually knows what that means answer this one...I was just trying to help you get the You Tube stuff working... Good luck!
  18. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

so Sherri got hers working no problem and she didnt have to unlock her phone or anything like that?
    I AM interested in unlocking if it will benefit me, but why should I unlock just with hopes that Im going to get the youtube apps working?
    IM sure there is an answer somewhere in this forum?
    MOTO Q9h - AT&T.
    I went to the link just like Sherri and did just what she said, I can give a step by step if anyone wants to see it?
    Hers is working and mines not. and she said she dont even know what she's doing either...
    I just dont know what to do anymore...lol
    damn. someone help
  19. sherri

sherri Active Member

Rudeboys exact steps...

1. download http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/tcpmp.smartphone.0.72rc1.cab
    2. download http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/FlashVideoBundle.CAB
    3. install both (if you install TCPMP on the storage card, you also need to install the FlashVideoBundle there, they need to be either both on the device, or both on the strorage card)
    4. power down Q, power up Q.
    5. done.

I have the original Motorola Q, with Verizon service, but I don't think that should matter. I DID NOT UNLOCK MY PHONE! I am too scared to try anything! Hell, I won't even hook up speakers unless I get RB's approval...(is my secret crush showing???Lol!)

I went to the Internet Explorer (on my phone) and did the exact steps listed above. (From RB...thank you again!). Turned phone off, then on, and VOILA! You Tube! Hellooooooo Mika!!!

Let me know if any of this helps...

-Sherri

20. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

some carriers "app lock" the phones. Basicaly to keep users from installing things unless they buy it from said carrier.

you won't notice anything different after an unlock. Most times a phne need to be unlocked is for registry hacks. On occasion for app installs.

I have no idea why yours is not installing correctly, unlockng it will rule out the possibility of it being "app locked".