Flash Your VZW Q9c/m From WM 6.0 TO WM 6.1

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by Q-Area51, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

2. My-Q

My-Q New Member

3. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

4. renswic

renswic New Member

ok i reinstalled and added the patch, was able to click the start butten, it logged my phone into a flash mode then failed. onced it failed i wasnt able to click the start butten again
  5. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

See if you can Hard Reset and start from scratch. You're half way home. :) -Q
  6. renswic

renswic New Member

nadda :( ill play with it some more, does WMDC need to be installed?
  7. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

XP = Active Sync
    VISTA = WDMC
    :) -Q
    (2 U from my Q9Nap)
  8. renswic

renswic New Member

i know :) im on vista do i need WDMC for all this to work
  9. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

WMDC (Pardon the typo) Yes. :) -!
  10. thepdxkid

thepdxkid New Member

I have a Q9M and the flash has worked amazing. Thank you so much for your help.
  11. Jynxx

Jynxx New Member

I'm having trouble using WMDC with the upgrade to 6.1. Now when I plug in the Q9m, it says it doesn't recognize the device and doesn't show in WMDC. Any ideas anyone?
  12. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

One new thread was probably plenty ;)

Don't worry it'll get noticed
  13. Madeuce1006

Madeuce1006 New Member

Raaaatttss!

Hi all,

I have not been able to get this to work..I have a Q9c and an xp desk top. I have followed the guide to the letter (at least I think). What happens is that the rsd lite application loads the software to 100% then the phone turns off. When I turn the phone on no windows 6.1. Before this it would just fail before completion. Any thoughts?
  14. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

From here, I can't tell much BUT you shouldn't touch the phone at all . . . PERIOD. If you are using all the files provided and performed a Hard Reset to start there "shouldn't" be any probs at all. You did apply the patch to RSD Lite 4.2, yes? :) -Q
  15. Madeuce1006

Madeuce1006 New Member

Yes I applied the patch as instructed. If I watch the RSD as it loads I notice it goes to 100% then for a split second "FAIL" appears in the status column The phone then shuts down. Is it still updating? How long do I leave the phone to find out? Also, by a hard reset this is done by accessing the master reset in tools correct?
  16. Madeuce1006

Madeuce1006 New Member

I just tried it again and the phone is powered down.
    i will leave it alone but I still got the fail message at the end. One thing I notice is that active sync establishes a connection even as a guest. Could this be the issue? If so how do I disable it?
  17. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

As long as you have deleted the partnership prior to flashing, you just totally ignore anything that AS does - don't touch it, don't answer promps, etc. :) -Q
  18. Madeuce1006

Madeuce1006 New Member

Ok tried it again. Still not working. One thing I did not consider. I think I am running WM 5.0 not 6.0 How can I verify this and would it make a difference?
  19. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Do you have an original Q? :) -Q
  20. Madeuce1006

Madeuce1006 New Member

No. I do have the Q9C.